Sign in to follow this  

2008 250 EXC-F Street Legal?

Sorry if this is a re-post, but does anyone know if the new 250 is going to be available here as Street Legal?

Thanks!

-Robert

I've never seen anyone mention it, and I try to keep up with the latest news and rumors. Sucks though, because I'd really like a small street legal bike, and Husky has the only game in town. If KTM can get the 450 and 525 legal, they could do the 250 easy. They must not think it'll sell enough to bother.

Just TRY to find a TE250. Sure seems to be a popular option.

Not sure if it'll be street legal. Word is from my dealer is that the 08 xcf will be a Red Sticker... weird ain't it?

No, it won't be street legal.

And all of the XC-F's will be red sticker.

My buddy bought a 2007 ktm 200 xc-w, the 2 stroke. His came with a license plate, what the hell?

Well thats a big downer. The market is pretty hot for the street legal stuff, you would think they want to grab some more of the market share. :)

-Robert

Only in Cali...

If I didn't live in California, I'd have plated 200 & 300 XC-Ws.

all ktm's are street legal. they all come with a title not a c of o! put the enduro light kit on it and a brake light switch, an enduro mirror and a squeaky horn on it and go riding!

all ktm's are street legal. they all come with a title not a c of o! put the enduro light kit on it and a brake light switch, an enduro mirror and a squeaky horn on it and go riding!

This will not last much longer. Many DMVs are going by the VIN number now regardless of what the MSO says. Just ask the Cali boys about that one.

KTM doesn't need to make the 250 street legal, they are selling out all over the country so why bother? The Husky is a nice option but I believe they are virtually sold out all over the US too. The 09 TE250 looks like it's going to be a killer machine, but will it still be street legal?

Until KTM sales slow down to the point where it makes sense to import conforming bikes I don't see it happening. Unless the dollar/euro conversion improves I think we are going to see much higher prices and or more limited availability of European bikes.