Oil Tank Leak

I have a serious problem with the bolt at the top of my oil tank. It seems that the threads are stripped pretty bad and is leaking oil once my bike starts to run hotter (oil getting thinner at higher temp). Have any of you guys experienced this problem and what are you doing to fix it. I tried using sylacone but it didnt work. Please give me a hand. Thanks, Nick

A short term solution which may work would be ptfe tape. Used by plumbers to seal compression joints on water pipes. Can't remember if there is a nut either welded/brazed or hard soldered onto tank. Ask a machine shop if they can insert a helicoil.

ahve welding shop weld a nut at the top of the tank and be careful with this one, u could also try filling the whole with Jb weld(make sure the tank is squeeky clean try usuing denatured alchol) then retap this is will only last a couple oil changes before you must redo

I need to be able to still take that top bolt out so that I can drain the oil out of the tank. Without that top bolt out air wont move into the tank during draining and it wont move the old oil out. I think that I will try the plumbers tape for now. Thanks alot fellas! -nick