The 1985 XR350R

Rockjockey, thanks but restoration was the wrong word for me to use as I'm not going original. Hopefully better than OEM, but not paying $300 for that old tech puter, cool as it was for the time. ALready have a very sweet ATK leftover analog speedo with a keyed ignition on a pretty bracket for it. ?

And to the last poster, 85 was the last year.

MindBlower, I've got a guard in my attic that keeps that digital piece pristeen in the event of a crash, if you can use it on your restoration PM me and pay to ship it and its yours. I know that digital speedo/odo is extremely hard to find if you break it.

If he doesn't end up taking it I'll buy it from you. I have one of the digital enduro comps that I'm scared of breaking.

:ride:? I believe it was 85,I was looking for a 350 when I bought my 600,there just wasnt many to be had,XR600s were all over the place,My army buddy rode a RM250 at the time,a 92 I believe,after I got the 600,he wanted to ride it as much as I did,he also kinda talked me into it,I wanted to hold out for the 350,but he hit me with the good old,your gonna wish you bought the bigger bike lecture,oh well,I got a good one,it still runs strong as a muh fuh.:ride:?

Bit of a newbie here, but I'm fairly active over on ADVrider. I just picked up an 85 XR350 from the original owner. He had some pretty trick mods on it, including the computer crash guard. Was 85 the only year they put these computers on?

158714244-M.jpg

Here's what 12 years of gas looks like.

158714237-M.jpg

Definetly a work in progress, as is my 92 XR600.

158714227-M.jpg

150815857-M.jpg

Bit of a newbie here, but I'm fairly active over on ADVrider. I just picked up an 85 XR350 from the original owner. He had some pretty trick mods on it, including the computer crash guard. Was 85 the only year they put these computers on?

Yep, 85 was the only year the 350s came with the digital enduro meter.

I was lucky enough to own, sweet bike. bought it 1000usd, shipped to the phils and had lots of fun riding it. Sad situation though, its in pieces as parts are hard to find, but she's going to be resurrected soon.

when was the last year the 350 came out??

1986 XR 350 RG was the last year , had gold rims , digital speedo and 350R printed on the seat cover , don't know if you got these in the USA ? ?

1986 XR 350 RG was the last year , had gold rims , digital speedo and 350R printed on the seat cover , don't know if you got these in the USA ? ?

Nope, don't believe so. It must be very nice!

They were not available here in '86, '85 was the last US model.

Yo Antacid,If I could find a XR 350,say the same one as in your post,in that same condition,I would buy it on the spot,no questions asked,I mean,right now!!!Every time I look at it,It reminds me of bringing home my 86 XR600,Man was that a great day in my life,XRs are a way of life to me,I simply love them,Ill never sell my 600,or my 250,never,Ill just get other bikes,and keep my XRs,no matter what!!

XR Ron, I know exactly what you mean. If I ever come across an 85 XR350R in that condition, I would buy it right there!

I really wish I never sold my two 350s...

Honda needs to revive the entire XR lineup, add some new suspension and carburetion technology, make them slightly lighter, possibly add e-start, but keep them air-cooled and RFVC !!

Honda needs to revive the entire XR lineup, add some new suspension and carburetion technology, make them slightly lighter, possibly add e-start, but keep them air-cooled and RFVC !!

They need to revamp the XR line to smoke the DR-Z's. Say USD forks, a water cooled (not CRF though) RFVC true XR engine, e start, dual sported but dirt worthy, aluminum frame and sub frame, a decent output stator for lighting upgrades. A 400 maybe 450 cc's so on off road the weight is manageable and on the road you can stay out of trouble. Just an idea.

They need to revamp the XR line to smoke the DR-Z's. Say USD forks, a water cooled (not CRF though) RFVC true XR engine, e start, dual sported but dirt worthy, aluminum frame and sub frame, a decent output stator for lighting upgrades. A 400 maybe 450 cc's so on off road the weight is manageable and on the road you can stay out of trouble. Just an idea.

you're a good man and i agree with everything that you said! ?