best parts for 2005 yz125

hey everyone, im new to the forum and i just wanted to know the best mods for my money to make my 05 yz125 a little faster for racing i was thinking a pro circuit pipe and silencer but anything suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

suspention.... a pipe and silencer wont make you faster on the track

suspention.... a pipe and silencer wont make you faster on the track

Agreed. Save up and have your suspension set up by a reputable suspension shop for your weight/riding style.

suspension, then a v force, then if you want to throw some more $ at it the pipe.

Stopper lever

thanks for all the suggestions,but wut is a stopper lever kricket?

hey everyone, im new to the forum and i just wanted to know the best mods for my money to make my 05 yz125 a little faster for racing i was thinking a pro circuit pipe and silencer but anything suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

you feeling you bike is a little too slow?

The proper jets in the carb.

The best thing to do is to dial the bike in and improve your skills, the bike is plenty capable as is.

Most guys never adjust their suspensions properly and spend money needlessly on respringing/revalving w/o even understanding the dyanmics of what's going on.

Take the time to properly jet your carb, get the final drive drive gearing ratio dialed in for your track to maximize drive, and then have someone help you set your sag and damping (C & R) for your weight and riding style.

After all of this is done AND you can ride your bike at 100%, then think about engine performance and suspension mods; until then, you are just wasting money for little to no gain.

This bike is already totally capable of what you want it to do. Do what the others said, get the jetting right. Have your suspension set up for you. Then ride, ride, ride and then when you feel you can handle the extra power you will gain from a pipe combo and a new reed valve cage then do it. My 125 is stock and i clear every jump on the track with ease.

1. Handle bars of your preference

2. Suspension revalve and respring for your weight

Then, and only then, go for more power

3. Moto814 cylinder porting and head mods

thanks for all the suggestions,but wut is a stopper lever kricket?

Do a search and you will find out. The 05 stopper levers are bearings that can explode and you need to replace it with the 07 part. The stopper lever itself is there to stop the shifting in each gear.

3. Moto814 cylinder porting and head mods

They have done work on 3 bikes for me now. I cant say enough good things about them. That is rare with engine builders. I got lucky finding them

They have done work on 3 bikes for me now. I cant say enough good things about them. That is rare with engine builders. I got lucky finding them

Yup, Steve did up my entire YZ125 engine with every thing under the sun.

It RIPS! Not to mention their great customer service. :)

Been thru this get the jetting straight get the jetting straight get the jetting straight!! suspension suspension suspension!!

then : stomper lever:vforce reeds:factory fatty w/silencer: 13:50 gearing HOLD ON!!

I'm bringing this thread back so I don't waste space starting a new one.

What advantages do aftermarket reeds have?

How do I know when the bike is jetted perfectly?

Whats a good pipe/silencer combo to add more top end power, but lose as little bottom end power as possible?