Sign in to follow this  

racing my DRZ400S

I am currently racing a endurocross season (well its only about 4 races) on vancouver island in british columbia canada. The only bike i own is a 04 drz400s, so that is the bike i am racing with. I have done a few mods over the last yesr: fcr carb, 3*3 air box, E model cam shafts, E model header pipe with big gun exaust pipe, race tech springs front and rear, e model foot pegs, kickstart kit(not the best for racing but handy in the bush and i am not goona take it out and put it back in every race), msr gear shifter(inch longer) and then i've added on more weight ,custom bash plate, cfc case savers, unibiker rad guards, only cause i can not afford to brake anything. I have removed the helmet lock, horn,speedo/computer,headlight/taillight. I dont really no what else to do. any suggestions?? besides buying a new bike. the drzs weighs 291 pounds dry ,thats with out any of my extras added on =too heavy.any weight saving tips?

Sounds to me you've done what there is to do as far as reducing weight. Horn, speedo, headlight and tail light made the most difference for me. That and the exhaust.

You could try an IMS fuel tank. I'd want a plastic tank if I was going to be racing and knew the bike would be hitting the ground from time to time.

Where is the endurocross happening? I might take my trials bike :)

forgot to mention i have a clarke 3.9 gallon tank on it and i fill it only half full

it is happening at the cowichan sand drags, in the cowichan valley just outside of Youbou on vancouver isand on june 17

What about the most obvious, but usually overlooked item... The Rider ???

Can you lose a few lbs? Much cheaper than losing it on the bike... :ride:

I weigh right @ 170, but wish for my 145 days very often... Hard to do @ 45 though.... :)