New Socal Sm Ride!!!north Meets South

anotherdrzguy and i would like to invite everyone interested on another exciting ride!!!we are working on the date which is flexible at this time....were thinking 1st or 2nd week of june.anotherdrzguy will hopefully have a map drawn up in the next couple of days so please add input for him if you know the area...as for now were thinking of a route up the angels crest hwy and across burbank and down Decker canyon to the 101 and into Malibu.i will bump this thread frequently

to make sure we get a good turn out...last ride was fun and i look forward to meeting some of you guys north of OC.

Good call Zack. I'll make a map tomorrow.:)

Malibu is kind of far from Angels Crest Hwy. So we might need to decide which route to take. Or both, whatever.

I was also thinking of comming from Azusa up the 39 Hwy to Angles Crest Hwy. I'll work something out and find gas stations and such.:ride:

sounds great!....please add suggestions everyone....greg with the shorty exhaust know's some of this area im sure he can help.i hope you can make it greg i look forward to meeting you!

Are non-sm's invited? I'm on the westside.

Are non-sm's invited? I'm on the westside.

of course :)

come ride with us!

of course :bonk:

come ride with us!

Thursday or fridays are the best days for me or if we do the weekend saturday the 9th would work for me. :ride:

:)

it will more than likely be a saturday ride. although i ride every friday

it will more than likely be a saturday ride. although i ride every friday

If it happens on a Saturday I don't have to work, I'll be there.

bump!

I may have to sit this one out.

June 2nd I will most likely be in the desert testing/teaching some new drivers how to drive my old race car.

June 9th I might be able to play hookey from work, but I have to be ready for a car show on the 10th (I hate working my birthday on a Sunday no less).

Hopefully I will be able to get off the 9th. We'll see.

Hey guys, :bonk:

There's a lot of traffic clogged freeway miles between Angeles Crest and the Santa Monica Mountains, so maybe it would be better to do do one of them. We can always do the other on another ride.

Angeles Crest Highway is a beautiful ride... and goes up to 8,000 feet I believe. Haven't been up there since the 1960's when I was a kid... so my vote goes for riding Angeles.:)

I can go just about anytime, so I'm good with whatever schedule and itinerary that works best for the rest of you.:ride:

I just stuck a solid state camera on my helmet last night, and will be testing it today. It records 2 hours of 640x480 30 fps video which should be enough to record the evidence of our misdemeanors for posterity... :D

Take Care,

Greg

Im down i live near burbank.:)

I'm in any weekend we all can go is good for me:thumbsup: but I thought sundays was the nations Bike bike day:excuseme: but sat works just the same little T, Big T, Crest, Glendora Mnt Ridge road, Mnt baldy all sound Great along the Foothills, Malibu & the Rock Store Sounds good too! narrow it down and I'm in for sure:thumbsup:

im in. I'd like to stay around the mountains minimize the fwy travel

thanx for your imput guys.greg, imhappy your joining us :)

im up for the angles, as well as stunt rd/las floras canyon mullholand dr etc....ill talk with another drz guy and narrow it down as far as the route goes.it shall be another event not to be missed!

narrow it down and I'm in for sure:thumbsup:

thats what this process is all about.glad your up for the ride!

im in. I'd like to stay around the mountains minimize the fwy travel

i knew i could count on you riding with us :)

i am ready anytime... i get my head gasket put it LOL. i have about a few rides on my bald PPowers as well.. hopefully i can find a good shop by next sat.

damn to bad your in oceanside there is a great shop by my house called mach1 racing....they installed for me both front and back pilot powers for 50$ not including the price of the tires of course.i rode my bike in and they did all the labor including removing the rim.whats great about the shop is that thier work bays are open and you can watch them work on your bike.no closed doors, nothing to hide...i like that

thanx for your imput guys.greg, imhappy your joining us :ride:

im up for the angles, as well as stunt rd/las floras canyon mullholand dr etc....ill talk with another drz guy and narrow it down as far as the route goes.it shall be another event not to be missed!

Hey, maybe we should all vote on which ride we want to do first. I really don't care where I'm riding, as long as I'm riding.:)

If we were to take the SM Mountain ride on a Sunday, the Rock Store on Mulholland would be an interesting place to stop along the way... it's a veritable ocean of Harleys. It would be really funny for them to see a bunch of dual sports and SMs pull in. :bonk:

Greg