New Socal Sm Ride!!!north Meets South

Hi Sixer, :ride:

Ooh... you gotta show up. Man, I just have to see that new exhaust! The pics of the MRD look like a real high quality product.:)

Hey, I'm curious... will they run your bike on a dyno to tune the exhaust for tubing length and muffler backpressure?

Take Care,

Greg

MRD Racing already set up the exhaust for the kicker model. It looks like a sweeeet exhaust. I like the short can.

Silver,

Yea the really loud (and really fast too! don't leave that out!) DRZ on the yellow mags was me. I was fighting carb problems today. Alot of popping and sputtering mid throttle. (Damn it is hard to type with one hand). Silver were you the guy that asked if you saw my bike on SupermotoJunkies?. There was a pedal biker that that said he recognized my bike from there.

That was me on the bicycle. I saw you on the last run down right after the parking lot half way down. I could hear your bike long before I saw you. Nice ride you have there. I will be up there tomorrow on the DRZ. Heal up quick.

denton

Thanks Silver, I'll try. Be safe up there. I got a little too cocky at the end of the day. OH, and I did catch that group of bikes that passed at the bottom of the hill that I said I wanted to when my group took off. I passed all but the first guy. Two more corners and I would have had him! Pics from todays ride are on www.rickclemson.com now. I posted a few in a new thread.

Thanks Silver, I'll try. Be safe up there. I got a little too cocky at the end of the day. OH, and I did catch that group of bikes that passed at the bottom of the hill that I said I wanted to when my group took off. I passed all but the first guy. Two more corners and I would have had him! Pics from todays ride are on www.rickclemson.com now. I posted a few in a new thread.

Hey sm, :bonk:

Are you Rick?

If you are... really nice pics!:ride: ...and very well composed.:)

Do you sell your pictures to the riders you photograph? If you do, that's a ~really~ useful service you offer.

Take Care,

Greg

sm=sam

he is still a cool guy though :)

So what is the final day that this ride is goin on ?

So far, it's Saturday, the 9th.:ride:

So... who is the guy who took all of those neat pictures?:)

Greg

Rick Clemson (www.rickclemson.com) is they guy or one of the guys that takes the pictures. I passed at least three photographers up the hill. He does a great job and the picture quality is outstanding.

SMCALPAC (me) = Sam Mebane @ California Pacific, my job.

:)

So far, it's Saturday, the 9th.:bonk:

So... who is the guy who took all of those neat pictures?:ride:

Greg

sorry greg i thought you were asking who the guy on the cool drz was

dang sam. dorry to hear about that spill. I was scheduled to go ride yest and wouldve probably run into you guys... but i am going to pray that glen @ hypersports will be able to get my bike done his week. im having withdrawls... for not being able to ride for 2 weeks now.

if there is enough SuMos gathered... does anyone know what it would cost to get the Streets of Willow for a day?? i bet with ads in this forum and SMJ, we'd have 20+...

dang sam. dorry to hear about that spill. I was scheduled to go ride yest and wouldve probably run into you guys... but i am going to pray that glen @ hypersports will be able to get my bike done his week. im having withdrawls... for not being able to ride for 2 weeks now.

if there is enough SuMos gathered... does anyone know what it would cost to get the Streets of Willow for a day?? i bet with ads in this forum and SMJ, we'd have 20+...

i know punisher 14 is running S.O.W he is trying to get me to go with him....i do believe i am going to taking him up on his offer to load my bike on his trailor and roll out with him.you should deff check into it

Hey all... :D

Just took a little ride down and back up Los Flores Canyon (it's a short road), Stunt Road, Saddle Peak, and Old Topanga Canyon this afternoon.:)

If the weather keeps up like this, It should be perfect for riding on the 9th. The air is really cool and crisp, and the views of the ocean are super even though there's a little overcast off the coast. There's a few Spanish Brooms in bloom (it's a long dark green reedlike plant with bright yellow flowers, and when you ride past clumps of it, it's like going through a cloud of perfume.

Going down Los Flores there's this funny little sign on the side of the road that says *may crash next...*

...and by the time you go past wandering what the hell it's about, you're already in this steeply descending 270 degree corkscrew of a corner!:ride: I was going slow and still ended up a foot over the double yellows. Luckily, there was no oncoming vehicles.

The sign reminded me of the movie Rat Race, where the mother and daughter are taking a *shortcut* in their car and see little signs that say

You... should... have... bought... a... squirrel...

...as they're flying midair off the edge of a cliff!:bonk:

Take Care,

Greg

ok i know we all like to purchase new things for upcoming rides....well i just purchased one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270122710594&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr3_PcY_BID_IT&refitem=270122711855&itemcount=3&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

of course i paid MORE than what this auction is at right now!...but thats a different story:banghead:

i do think its a solid product though.....ive seen footage by this camera and it rocks!!!! smooth high clarity!here is the catch though, i dont have a hard drive or digi camcorder or any type of dvr....can anyone help with the second part i need for our ride on the 9th??? it would be nice to have multiple cameras for the ride!!!

edit-

if you have it and have seen me ride and dont want to let me use your property, no hard feelings:ride:

ill let you wear my new helmet cam:thumbsup:

Im down for the 9th.

I would rather go to the streets of willow though!! Zac whats up with that?

ok i know we all like to purchase new things for upcoming rides....well i just purchased one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270122710594&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr3_PcY_BID_IT&refitem=270122711855&itemcount=3&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

of course i paid MORE than what this auction is at right now!...but thats a different story:banghead:

i do think its a solid product though.....ive seen footage by this camera and it rocks!!!! smooth high clarity!here is the catch though, i dont have a hard drive or digi camcorder or any type of dvr....can anyone help with the second part i need for our ride on the 9th??? it would be nice to have multiple cameras for the ride!!!

edit-

if you have it and have seen me ride and dont want to let me use your property, no hard feelings:ride:

I got one of these on the internet... an Oregon Scientific 2000 ATC.

AT18-all.jpg

It's $150 new, including a 2 meg memory card.

It records 2 hours of 640X480 30 frames per second video with sound.

It's really simple... just turn it on, put on my helmet, and ride the canyons.:ride:

It had image stabilization issues bouncing around mounted on the bike so I stuck it on my helmet and It works pretty good.

The sound was awful with the wind noise when going fast, but I discovered that simply by putting some stick-on foam over the mike holes ~vastly~ improved the sound quality by reducing wind noise.

I would have posted some Stunt road video today, but my 8 year old video editing software couldn't handle the big .avi file.

So I went out and got a new editor, but it won't run because I need 512 ram, and my computer only has 256... :)

When I get some more memory plugged in, I'll try to post it this week.

Greg

Man you guys are all geared up! :)

Good thing too. We'll have a lot of good footage I bet.

edit-

I have a 20g PMP that should work with your camera...you can use that if you still need something.

Sound like it's gonna be fun! Hopefully my shoulder is back to normal. Streets of Willow sounds like fun too. I am totally down. I might even take the Weekend Warrior up for that so we have some AC to cool off in.