Sign in to follow this  

New Socal Sm Ride!!!north Meets South

Hey everyone, new member here. I just bought a DRZ400SM about a month ago and I'm really enjoying it.

This is a long thread. If I've read correctly, we're meeting in Topanga at 10:00 on Saturday, 9 June. We're meeting at Entrada Road, yes?

I'm falimiar with the Santa Monica Mountains, and I can offer route suggestions if you don't have a route settled yet. For example, from the meet-up, I would suggest Fernwood to Saddle Peak and Stunt.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Beaufort

yes its the 9th at 10 am and its just up entrada rd if im not mistaken....see you there!btw welcome to the forum

Hi beaufort, :)

Cool... you're the 19th rider coming. :thumbsup:

We're meeting at 21444 Entrada Road at 10:00 on Saturday June the 9th. It's up the hill just a few blocks east of Topanga Canyon Blvd. You can't miss it... it'll be the only house with the back yard full of motorcycles. :ride:

Take Care,

Greg

and the list continues to grow....i also have two more buddies thinking about it.at this rate we will be splitting off into a couple groups..

This mesage is for newport rider,wanted to know how often you ride down pch. I live in downtown huntington and ride drz k model. Glad to know i'm not the only rider down here. You had talked about mach 1, how is that place, i need to have me seals replaced on the bike, if i can get this issue taken care of before you guys roll out, i might have to count myself in...

yes its the 9th at 10 am and its just up entrada rd if im not mistaken....see you there!btw welcome to the forum
Hi beaufort, :)

Cool... you're the 19th rider coming. :thumbsup:

We're meeting at 21444 Entrada Road at 10:00 on Saturday June the 9th. It's up the hill just a few blocks east of Topanga Canyon Blvd. You can't miss it... it'll be the only house with the back yard full of motorcycles. :ride:

Thank you for the warm welcome, gents.

See you (and a whole lot of other people) on the 9th.

Well it looks like Im out.

Sorry guys that weekend Ill be down is Chula Vista for the C.O.R.R. off road race. I already had this weekend set aside for this race, but somehow I forgot.

Ill be around this weekend. If anyone is interested in a OC ride through Santiago Cyn. to Ortega and back PM me. Ill probably go out late sunday morning.

Let me know about this weekend if your down,

Later

darn,thats to bad:thumbsup: .there will be other weekends

This mesage is for newport rider,wanted to know how often you ride down pch. I live in downtown huntington and ride drz k model. Glad to know i'm not the only rider down here. You had talked about mach 1, how is that place, i need to have me seals replaced on the bike, if i can get this issue taken care of before you guys roll out, i might have to count myself in...

I have yet to hear anything bad from Mach1. I've never dealt with them personally but have many friends that do and love the service at the shop.

I have heard good things about mach one. they may be shimming my valves shortly based on what I measure when I pull the cover.

as a matter of fact i do!i make that trip a couple times a week for a cup of coffee on main st.i like messing with superbikes on the weekend on pch as well.

ive heard alot of good things about mach 1...and they did a good job on my tires.

Looks like I'm going to have to bail. SO had already planned for us to go to a wedding on the 9th. I hope we can all get together again soon. I normally work sun, mon, tues and every other sat.

six:thumbsup:er

Hey everyone, new member here. I just bought a DRZ400SM about a month ago and I'm really enjoying it.

This is a long thread. If I've read correctly, we're meeting in Topanga at 10:00 on Saturday, 9 June. We're meeting at Entrada Road, yes?

I'm falimiar with the Santa Monica Mountains, and I can offer route suggestions if you don't have a route settled yet. For example, from the meet-up, I would suggest Fernwood to Saddle Peak and Stunt.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Beaufort

Hi Beaufort, :)

Cool... :thumbsup:

That's also one of my favorite routes because it's so varied. We should take that way going out on the way to the other canyons via Mulholland.

Take Care,

Greg

Looks like I'm going to have to bail. SO had already planned for us to go to a wedding on the 9th. I hope we can all get together again soon. I normally work sun, mon, tues and every other sat.

six:thumbsup:er

thats too bad sixer....i tell ya what.every friday i do a nice ride through local OC canyons and then up ortega...your more than welcome to join me when you have time:ride:

Heres a video of the area. looks like they came from the northeast there are just webs of canyon roads all thru these mnts close to the 12:30 mark they cross kanan rd going south & down molhulland towards the rock store from kanan rd. its a long video but gives a idea of what we all will see. this video does not have any of the ocean views that we will see on sat 6-9-07 anyways here it is enjoy:applause: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3757478318127014716 just a reminder in a safty kinda way:prof: everyone should keep in mind never cross that little yellow line in the middle:naughty: its just not safe. Thanks have fun Take Care see you all on the 9th at gregs 10am :thumbsup:

KAW450F =s Ken :)

I'll be on a Green/Yellow 01 DRZ440SMK

Hey...usually a lurker here but I ride my DRZ in the SM mountains regularly.

OK to tag along?

'06 DRZ400SM

Hey...usually a lurker here but I ride my DRZ in the SM mountains regularly.

OK to tag along?

'06 DRZ400SM

welcome lurker....i can see how this thread would bring one(thats local) to post.

please do join us....if ya look through this thread youll see the address and time.

thanx for joining us and making this a great TT gathering.:thumbsup:

Oh yeah...

I know how this goes...

It all begins with one simple fun innocent ride...

...that grows into a thundering mob of bikes roaring down the roads terrorizing the local folk... then there's tatoos... and jacket patches... and beards... and piercings... and earrings.... and.....

Ok...

...so who has a good name and logo for our gang?

Greg