Fastway Spacers, Shims.. Confused?

So I read the Common Questions Sticky but I am a little confused. Im trying to look at a blown up diagram of what I Have to do. But were does the Fastway spacer go? Does it go right behind the sprocket and then you put the sprocket on along with some type of washer in the front of the sprocket? I have a 05 crf450 but Does it really shatter if you don't use a washer on the front? Does anybody have any pictures of this whole set up. I am a Hour away from my bike and trying to order/get parts for this. Im also using a DID 520VM?

By all means you can use the DID VM chain.get the spacer and pull the countershaft sprocket off the shaft and install the spacer note the direction of the sprocket and then I would go to your Honda dealer and buy the washer that takes the place of the newer two piece style on 05/07 get the one for the 02/04 and you will be all set.

Good luck finding a fastway spacer! They are discontinued and no one can order them anymore.

Go to your local auto parts machine shop and get a valve spring shim. Take your old washer with you and they will size you up right. They gave me a couple of shims for free.

So I read the Common Questions Sticky but I am a little confused. Im trying to look at a blown up diagram of what I Have to do. But were does the Fastway spacer go? Does it go right behind the sprocket and then you put the sprocket on along with some type of washer in the front of the sprocket? I have a 05 crf450 but Does it really shatter if you don't use a washer on the front? Does anybody have any pictures of this whole set up. I am a Hour away from my bike and trying to order/get parts for this. Im also using a DID 520VM?

i broke the outside washer twice on my 05, luckily when the front sproket fell off i was in a corner.go with the one piece outside washer off an 04

They (PMB) still offer them on their site. ?

I tried to order one from a few local dealers and parts unlimited stopped stocking them. I also tried to find it on Rocky Mountian MC site but they didn't have it either. So I guess some places may still have them but probably not for long. I even went to Fastway's site and they didn't have any information about the spacer on their site.

Ahh my front sprocket flying off at the face of a nice size tripple doesn't sound to convincing just to save on life span on my chain ? Is there any risk putting a shim on or swaping out that part with a 2004 one? Why did they design the 2 piece in 05-07 and also what was honda thinking when they made the case like this?

I tried to order one from a few local dealers and parts unlimited stopped stocking them. I also tried to find it on Rocky Mountian MC site but they didn't have it either. So I guess some places may still have them but probably not for long. I even went to Fastway's site and they didn't have any information about the spacer on their site.

I got one from Rockymountain just about a month ago, give them a call 1-800-336-5437 part #03-0000, page 425 of thier catalog. $2.49

What kind of washer did you use if at all on the other side?

The one that was already on there.

Your making this a little harder than it is. The fastway spacer is just a very thin metal ring that sets inside of your sprocket so your new, wider o-ring chain doesn`t rub against the case.

Just put the spacer on, put your sprocket on, put the washer on, put some blue loctight on the threads and troque the nut to 20 lbs and check it every now and then at first. Shoudn`t have any trouble.