r.i.p. Jake adam lucas

My Friend jake passed away awhile ago, but it still seems like yesterday. he was riding on his drz in a place he was quite familar with. their was a cable he ran in to and sliced his neck

Jake Adam Lucas who was born in Simi Valley, California on August 19, 1993 and passed away on February 11, 2007 at the age of 13. We will forever remember him. Jake had a big heart and a lot of friends!!! He was always there whenever you needed him weather it was to borrow a shirt , some money or even if you need to borrow some attention he was there! He had a smile to brighten up the room(big and cheesy) He had a great personality (that no one will ever come close to having) and he had a way to make you smile(like no other!).....He loved his family and friends but just as important in that catagory was his girlfriend, cellphone, and of course his dirtbike! you know it's true what they say 'life is just too short' ............things in life come and go so fast!! you never know what to expect! if we could see the future we would have never predicted it to look like this! you could be here today and gone tomorrow so just make sure you never leave your house mad at someone you never say goodbye with out hugs and kisses !!! each and everyday live love and laugh never regret cause at one point it was exactly what you wanted!! & Just because you get knocked down that doesn't doesn't mean give up it means get back on your feet and try again and if Jake had a second chance that's exactly what he would have done!!

Who stung up the cable and why???? Sorry for the loss.

Tim

a neighbor and im not shure why

Bobbhill925,

I am sorry you lost your friend. It is never easy to lose a friend, especially at your age. I am impressed by what you wrote about Jake. It sounds to me like he was lucky to have a good friend like you. I know how you feel and I would simply ask you to try and focus on the "good times" you had with Jake - you know which ones I mean the times that you had together that make you smile. Those memories will be with you forever. Many people move through life and never have the privilege to have such a good friend - one like Jake. I believe that you will have many times during your life where "something" happens and you feel like Jake is there. When that happens smile and tell him hi. Jake will always be with you as long as you remember him in your heart.

I will add Jake A. Lucas to the "List" that will NEVER be forgotten - the list that is read every year at the Garrett Berg - Remembering Those Who Rode Memorial Ride.

Bobbiehill925 if I can ever help you or Jake's family - please let me know via a PM. I will be happy to speak with them, or with you. It is not everyday that I find such a young man that "writes" such wisdom.

Sincerely,

Mike Berg

"Motodad393"

My Friend jake passed away awhile ago, but it still seems like yesterday. he was riding on his drz in a place he was quite familar with. their was a cable he ran in to and sliced his neck

Jake Adam Lucas who was born in Simi Valley, California on August 19, 1993 and passed away on February 11, 2007 at the age of 13. We will forever remember him. Jake had a big heart and a lot of friends!!! He was always there whenever you needed him weather it was to borrow a shirt , some money or even if you need to borrow some attention he was there! He had a smile to brighten up the room(big and cheesy) He had a great personality (that no one will ever come close to having) and he had a way to make you smile(like no other!).....He loved his family and friends but just as important in that catagory was his girlfriend, cellphone, and of course his dirtbike! you know it's true what they say 'life is just too short' ............things in life come and go so fast!! you never know what to expect! if we could see the future we would have never predicted it to look like this! you could be here today and gone tomorrow so just make sure you never leave your house mad at someone you never say goodbye with out hugs and kisses !!! each and everyday live love and laugh never regret cause at one point it was exactly what you wanted!! & Just because you get knocked down that doesn't doesn't mean give up it means get back on your feet and try again and if Jake had a second chance that's exactly what he would have done!!

Very,very impressive words about your friend! I can tell they came from the heart.. remember all the fun times you had with him.

R.I.P. Jake

Bobby,

I just came across this site. How did you know Jake. I always find it interesting how jake knew people. You can email me at jmlo524@msn.com. Thank you for the kind words you said about jake. Reading things written by his freinds always helps make my day better.

Thank you

Jim.

Jakes Dad

Bobby,

I just came across this site. How did you know Jake. I always find it interesting how jake knew people. You can email me at jmlo524@msn.com. Thank you for the kind words you said about jake. Reading things written by his freinds always helps make my day better.

Thank you

Jim.

Jakes Dad

Jim,

My condolensces to you and your family. I hope that your pain is lessening as time goes on.

Was the cable determined to be intentionally placed? I sure hope this was just an accident.

Please keep us informed.

Sincerely,

Mike

I knew Jake from school. He was a great kid. What was odd about this was i was riding back in the hills and met up him for about 20 minutes and talked to him. This was the day before the accident. The wire was to seperate a BMX/ Pit bike course called reckless from some peoples land, the area beyond reckless was subject to cars being blown up, drinking and partying, and vandalism. They put that wire up to stop vehicles to get up there. at least i think. It was tragic that this happened. But he passed away doing what he loved.

R.I.P Jake Adam Lucas may god be with you

Seems like a pretty high cable.

R.I.P. Jake