most vented pants

I have never tried the Thor, but I have both the Moose Sahara pants and jersey. The pants have very good air flow when standing. The jersey has mesh side panels that flow air well. I like them alot, so far I have about 10 rides on them and so far they have come out of the wash each time looking good as new. I picked up the pants new on close out @ DK for $43.

Sunday I rode in brand new Thor AC. They're awesome. The ventilation felt made my legs feel like the air conditioner was blowing on them. We'll see how they hold up but I'm impressed initially.

I have the Thor AC and like it alot:thumbsup:

Athough you realy don't cool most of your legs due to boots and knee guards but when standing it is pretty good.

The jersey is mesh in back and the only thing about that is you have alot more dirt sticking to you when the race is over but it does feel good:thumbsup:

I love the padding in the pants and they seem like they will last a long time.

I have the 06 version (much cheaper online) I think I got the pants and jersey for around 90 bones.

I have the Thor AC gear..pants work great..I would count on replacing jersey after every ride if you get near manzanita or do enduros/HS in the woods. I have a bunch of now short sleave AC jerseys in blue if anyone wants to buy some..or you can make your own very easily.

I use the Thor AC gear, and they make a huge difference. The entire jersey is mesh and vented, so thats very cool. As far as the pants, they work great too. Ive had many crashes on this set of gear, and everything is still looking good with no rips, or tears or anything. A must have for anyone in a hot climate really.

I have some '05 Thor AC pants and I ve always liked them except the material on the front panel can tear if snagged.They are more of a track pant in my opinion.I ve only seen the others in catalogs but they look more durable.

I've got both, thor AC vented and The Klim vented, for trail rides always use the klims, over the boot, relatively cool, the thors are more vented in my opinion cooler, I use those for races. I ran the moose sahara's last year and really liked them but they only lasted a season, didn't hold up real well for me. If you can only afford one I would probably go for the klim, they are probably the warmest of these pant choices, but they are well built and will probably outlast both other brands. IMO

• Experts

ANY brand of vented pants will not last as long as the solid pants. BUT, when it is 95 degrees out you really don't care. You just don't want a heat stroke.

I have stated my reasons for NOT using over the boot pants and this is also the feelings of the AMA.

Dwight