2008 TE and TC Photos!

I'm a little disappointed that the new engine won't be in the 08 250. ?

Yes, and some other guys had been disappointed if the new engine have arriwed to early.

Be happy, Husqvarna doing the right thing. They dont release a engine they don´t have tested properly.

2008 4 stroke program is a complete new bike with the old engine with some nice updates.

// Klas ?

Yes, and some other guys had been disappointed if the new engine have arriwed to early.

Be happy, Husqvarna doing the right thing. They dont release a engine they don´t have tested properly.

2008 4 stroke program is a complete new bike with the old engine with some nice updates.

// Klas ?

Also, no 250 four stroke is what I would call a torque monster. The new 250 engine will have an even shorter stroke than the current one. To me that means it will be best suited for mx as opposed to the trails. You can add a big bore kit to the current bike but the new one we don't know about yet. The current 250 engine in a new lighter chassis sounds good to me.

Greg

Also, no 250 four stroke is what I would call a torque monster. The new 250 engine will have an even shorter stroke than the current one. To me that means it will be best suited for mx as opposed to the trails. You can add a big bore kit to the current bike but the new one we don't know about yet. The current 250 engine in a new lighter chassis sounds good to me.

Greg

A short stroke four stroke motor sounds like what any 2 stroke woods rider would die for.

HuskyRips

I think the bike will do fine with the revolutionary vs evolutionary engine changes. The new frame is a much bigger deal IMO, especially with the old tc 250 weighing in at a a girthy 230+. Plus, with less weight, the bike will already be faster, even if they didn't add any power over the 07. Everyone who tested the bike in the past (MXA, DirtRider, Dirtbike) said that the engine was pretty good, but they couldn't get over the fact that the bike felt more like a detuned 450 (because of weight) than a 250F. I see them liking the 2008 a lot more than last year's bike.

Typical 250 two stroke bore and stroke 66.4 mm x 72mm

Current Husky TE 250 76mm x 55mm

How is the current bike not already a short stroking motor?

Greg

The new engine in the TC/TE250 has a 79mm bore!

And the rev limiter is set at 13,000 RPMs, but they say that the motor can handle 14,000 RPMs.

This was pulled out of the story on the new TE250 from the May issue of Motocross Digital.

Interesting!

HuskyRips:eek:

+1, the black looks great untill you spend a day in the sand, my KTM Excels were buffed silver at the edges, about 50% all the way around, in a single day of sand motos. Like the original fork settings, they are only good to hold up the bike in the showroom! Sure are purty though!

Typical 250 two stroke bore and stroke 66.4 mm x 72mm

Current Husky TE 250 76mm x 55mm

How is the current bike not already a short stroking motor?

Greg

The new is even shorter witch will decrease even further the gyro effect.

The complete '09 250 engine was 250_specific_build witch will make the bike even more light_feel.

I will possibly buy one of those '09 TE 250, it all depends of the final specs including if it has 6 gears, gearbox ratios, weight, power, etc....a 300 kit could also be good but possibly can't be done...

why don't they fuel injection on 2 stokes or at least oil injection:excuseme:

I hope someone steps up and introduces a direct injected (DI) fuel injected two stroke soon to revive the engine. Some outboard motors are DI, Mercury - Orbital, Evinrude (BRP) - Ficht, but their isn't an application currently supporting the operating RPM range of current two stroke dirt bike or snowmobile engines. KTM is rumored to still be developing their two stroke technology...

I hope someone steps up and introduces a direct injected (DI) fuel injected two stroke soon to revive the engine. Some outboard motors are DI, Mercury - Orbital, Evinrude (BRP) - Ficht, but their isn't an application currently supporting the operating RPM range of current two stroke dirt bike or snowmobile engines. KTM is rumored to still be developing their two stroke technology...

SkiDoo is running direct injected 2 strokes in a few of their snowmobiles and sticking to 2 strokes in most of their other models while others are going to 4 strokes. (I think they call it semi-direct injection though)

I think the bad image that the media portrays of 2 strokes is what will likely kill them off, even if the new ones don't pollute anymore then 4 strokes

First look: 2008 four-stroke Husqvarna motocross and enduro range

By Chris Newbigging

Consumer news

10 July 2007 15:42

Husqvarna has just launched the entire 2008 motocross and enduro motorcycle range. There are nine new models with four-stroke and two-stroke engines – here’s a breakdown of the four-stroke updates.....MCN

SkiDoo is running direct injected 2 strokes in a few of their snowmobiles and sticking to 2 strokes in most of their other models while others are going to 4 strokes. (I think they call it semi-direct injection though)

I think the bad image that the media portrays of 2 strokes is what will likely kill them off, even if the new ones don't pollute anymore then 4 strokes

Semi-direct injection injects the fuel into the transfer ports, some raw fuel can still be lost through open exhaust port. An advancement over conventional induction, but their is still room for improvement. Ficht would likely be a good fit for dirt bikes as a compressor is not required. The big hurdle is the expanded operating rpm range over existing applications.