recalls

Yeah, the 250F had the intake valves recalled and replaced. The 450 didn't have any recalls.

But, if you have a 05 or newer KTM, it just got recalled. http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07194.html

Nice way to spead complete mis-information.

The KTM recall revolves around the gas cap issue. Some folks have found their gas caps to leak a little fuel so KTM has taken the proactive step to recall all of the affected gas caps and replace them with new caps that don't leak.

That's the extent of the recall.

Nice way to spead complete mis-information.

The KTM recall revolves around the gas cap issue. Some folks have found their gas caps to leak a little fuel so KTM has taken the proactive step to recall all of the affected gas caps and replace them with new caps that don't leak.

That's the extent of the recall.

Can you explain how I mis-informed everyone? ? Seems to me that KTM recalled 20,000 bikes because there has been over 5,000 reported problems.

Seems like a chemical burn or a fire hazzard is pretty serious business to me. But, please explain how I mis-informed everyone?!?!?!?!?!

Can you explain how I mis-informed everyone? ? Seems to me that KTM recalled 20,000 bikes because there has been over 5,000 reported problems.

Seems like a chemical burn or a fire hazzard is pretty serious business to me. But, please explain how I mis-informed everyone?!?!?!?!?!

Because in reality, KTM recalled 20,000 gas caps.

Plus it's pretty amusing the way you barely mention that Yamaha had to recall how many tens of thousand 250F's due to faulty valvetrains.

I'd take a leaky gas cap (that can be fixed with a 50 cent o-ring) over a valve failure any day of the week.

Plus, this is the question the original poster asked...

Has their been any recalls on the 06 YZ450F if so what?

Just answer the question and stop bashing other brands.

Toyota had to recall a half million Tundras a few years back...why didn't you mention that too?

Just answer the question and stop bashing other brands.

The presentation of factual information in its original context does not constitute brand bashing. Besides, it's my job to make that call, not yours.

The KTM recall was a voluntary product safety recall. Minor as it was, it would have been ordered by the the government had KTM not done it on their own. After 35 years as a professional mechanic, much of the time spent working with Ford and GM, I am intimately familiar with how product safety recalls work. Often, the only thing voluntary about them is in who wrote the first public notice. There is no way for me or most anyone else to know how cooperative or forthcoming KTM was at the outset of this one.

The defect that lead to the Yamaha valve recall on the 250F was discovered, diagnosed, and had a corrective system put into operation entirely by Yamaha, almost before anyone knew there was a problem, and in my experience, was handled both very well, and remarkably quickly, considering the scale of the problem. It was never a CPSC issue, and the government never had anything to do with it.

So how 'bout we let the matter rest so that the thread doesn't have to be closed?