Sign in to follow this  

how to?

hey i was wondering if anybody could tell me or show me how to do the airbox cut mod on my crf250x, it would be much appreciated!!

pictures are in the STICKY. but, cut out as much of the TOP as you can, and you're there!

If you buy the JD Jetting kit it comes with... a 42 pilot jet, multi mains (go with the 158 or 162) 2 o-rings for the AP and instructions for the air box modification you are referring to. All of the above are a 'must do' in order to relieve that dreaded bog... try it... for $70 you can't go wrong.

later...

IN the sticky it shows it. I used a dremel to cut out the top of mine then cleaned it up with sanding. There are also other ways but it worked best for me.BTW its a great free mod.

nicky, read the sticky and do the: air box, exhaust, jetting and accelerator pump mods. you will not believe it is the same bike, i promise you.

More power, more responsive, NO bog, much easier to ride and also, in my opinion, you MAY save your valves some time because the lean burn is gone!!

The best way I have found to cut open the airbox is to use a hot knife, just use a razor knife and heat the blade with a torch, cuts it nice and smooth, no messy shavings from a dremmel or saw.