Sign in to follow this  

Which Slipper Clutch to get?

I'd like to get a slipper clutch for my 07 KTM EXC, any suggestions as to which one?

Hard Parts + 1000.

Cheaper, simpler, easiest to adjust, no funky click at the lever, no ball bearings etc.

you mean the KTM Hard Parts catalog? I looked in there and didn't see a slipper, I'll look again

you mean the KTM Hard Parts catalog? I looked in there and didn't see a slipper, I'll look again

they refer to it as an anti-dribble or anti-hopping clutch, I'd go for that one as well.

KTM only on the RFS,you will regret buying STM, too many problems with thin steels warping.

First I’ve heard of this. I've installed MANY, in road race bikes, motocross bikes, supermoto bikes and have never had a problem. Not sure about the KTM truthfully but every one I’ve installed has used the stock steels. In the RR bikes you usually have to substitute one stock thickness steel for a thinner one to dial the pack height in perfect, still an OEM plate with no problems.

What's different with the RFS, I’m curious?

STM has the smoothest operating clutch.

there clutch ramps apart at the bottom of the clutch causing smooth instant release of the clutch plates. (thats one of there patents) all othe clutches have to ramp apart from the top pressure plate. (take a look at the other brands mentioned and you will see what i am talking about) because the do this the clutch plates stick together for a couple of split seconds longer which makes all of the difference. STM has many other plusses if you have any questions let me know. I have installed wayyy to many of these.

(the clicking in the lever means the clutch is working... you feel this because the clutch is disengaging itself... with a slipper your hand shouldnt be on the clutch anyways)

I have a KTM Hard Parts Anti-Hopping clutch that I have used about 7 times. It is seriously the bomb. I sold the bike and the guy doesn't want a slipper. It's a $900+ part. I am asking $650 for it. Call Gary at 612-708-6258.

First I’ve heard of this. I've installed MANY, in road race bikes, motocross bikes, supermoto bikes and have never had a problem. Not sure about the KTM truthfully but every one I’ve installed has used the stock steels. In the RR bikes you usually have to substitute one stock thickness steel for a thinner one to dial the pack height in perfect, still an OEM plate with no problems.

What's different with the RFS, I’m curious?

KTM RFS has problems warping plates on a std clutch, never mind a slipper.