DRZ pics with the best background landscape

swade730

Hey guys!! So we been doing a lot of DRZ riding lately...exploring so really cool places..got a new person into dual sport riding also. We took him to one of our favorite photo spots. Over the mountain and through the woods we went. He did well but I'm not going to lie...I felt bad for him out there. What now seems so easy for me and hubby...we forgot what its like to be a new to dirt rider!!... But he did enjoy the view!! (Pic 1)

Back story for pic 2....Okay so we got out exploring on Sunday after church...there is a big huge mountain that the interstate cuts through. Well they have been working on this to cut out the side of the mountain to sudden the interstate right...so they had made a road up to the top and to their equipment. Well me and Chris figured since there wad no fence we would go and check it out. Me being the reluctant one...said I didn't want to go up it. Its steep...its gravely...the whole interstate world can see you...lol, we went up...hubby rode a wheelie half the way up it! I would have loved to be on the interstate and see that..I'm sure it looked pretty cool from way down there. Lol. Anyways..it was so flat up there..you cannot even tell the interstate is below!!!.. You can however see the other road down the mountain across from us leading cross traffic to the interstate on ramp. Also the big rock looking thing was an old rock quarry. So see how tiny this mountain makes them look. Anyways I wad glad that I went up there and go to see all the coolness of the top of the mountain! I loved it and I will go back when in the area!! (Somebody needs to keep an eye on their progress, right?!!) Pic 2 and 3.
PicsArt_07-09-10_13_31.jpeg.e7c0c83e150d7df6a6bd14eb3b5e035d.jpeg0708181329.jpeg.9f401bb70293826055cbaf43c480326b.jpeg0708181329c.jpeg.1af923d38ce505c4040a4e5468a38c46.jpeg
Very cool, Kat.
Love getting high, for the great veiw's. [emoji106]
  • Like 2

Very cool, Kat.
Love getting high, for the great veiw's. [emoji106]
Yup!! It was so far up and in a place I was afraid we would get into trouble...let alone get hurt for real..but it was worth it. Next time I am at the bottom I will take another pic so u all can see it!
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 10:46 AM, shuswap1 said:

Need a link to that report Randy. Beautiful pics of some of my fav terrain! Be safe....I'm averaging 1.8 bear encounters per ride, thankfully no Griz, just happy little blackies with their cubs for the most part.

Here you go Greg, a link to the epic adventure thread that I posted a few more pic's and a little story.

Oh though I didn't see any bears, the wife text me that just before I arrived in Bella Colla, there had been a mauling by a Grissly, right in town. I talked to a conservation officer there and apparently a park ranger on his own property was trying to shoo a Grissly out of one of his fruit tree's and got between a sow and her cubs.

Not the smartest thing to do.?

Edited by bucket list
  • Like 1

Out riding with the hubby, Lineman65 and the owner of the Bramwell high school atv resort and his son this weekend. Very cool place to stay! Always enjoy the adventures there. Didn't see any bears this time. Hatfield and McCoy trails and some dual sporting in WV. 0714181054a_HDR.jpeg0713181614c_HDR.jpeg0713181600a.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Scottg07 said:

Completed the north side of the wabdr over the weekend. Had some drama with being ill prepared resulting in dead phone, no GPS and getting very low on gas in backcountry but all turned out well fortunately.2134533569.jpeg685586746.jpeg770107517.jpeg

Glad out got out alright, one of my fears, getting lost out there, so I always have backup nav.

Did you get all the way to the border town of Orville ? how's that northern section ? I may be doing it second week of sept.

• Like 2

Glad out got out alright, one of my fears, getting lost out there, so I always have backup nav.
Did you get all the way to the border town of Orville ? how's that northern section ? I may be doing it second week of sept.
It was fun other than the stress of thinking I would be pushing my bike out of the backcountry and no phone to boot. That was on loup loup canyon road, the wabdr map doesn't show it but basically all the ATV trails lead back to conconully when heading north. I kept backtracking second guessing if I was going the right way.
I stayed at a motel in omak after reaching conconully, rodeway inn, cheap and decent. North of Chelan the trail conditions are good, lots of beautiful vistas, wildlife etc. I called it at Loomis, I think that was it for the dirt and my ass was killing me lol.
  • Like 4

It was fun other than the stress of thinking I would be pushing my bike out of the backcountry and no phone to boot. That was on loup loup canyon road, the wabdr map doesn't show it but basically all the ATV trails lead back to conconully when heading north. I kept backtracking second guessing if I was going the right way.
I stayed at a motel in omak after reaching conconully, rodeway inn, cheap and decent. North of Chelan the trail conditions are good, lots of beautiful vistas, wildlife etc. I called it at Loomis, I think that was it for the dirt and my ass was killing me lol.
What's your full up fuel range?
  • Like 1

Maybe 175? I'm not sure.. the problem was the gas station in Carlton was out of fuel but didn't sweat it knowing I had enough to make conconully. I was nearing 150-160 with all the backtracking I did when I ran into a dude who hooked me up with a couple gallons and some directions. Great guy, wouldn't even take any money.

What's your full up fuel range?
  • Like 4

Took a trip up Old Stage Coach road in Colorado Springs to find the top of Mt Almagre. Found a bunch of rain, lightning, and hail at about 12,000 ft. One good thing... never changed my jetting from my 1,200ft (flat Oklahoma) set up and I was still pulling power wheelies at 13,000 ft with the CVK-40 carb, big bore, & old school cam.. this bike is just insane. 20180725_163357.jpeg20180725_153200.jpeg20180725_164104.jpeg20180725_163430.jpeg20180725_171646.jpeg

• Like 9