swade730

DRZ pics with the best background landscape

6,253 posts in this topic

New wildlife clearing. Old Still Trail.Sleep Creek near Shanghai, West Virginia

1 person likes this

New wildlife clearing. Old Still Trail.Sleep Creek near Shanghai, West Virginia

Looks like it was a fun place to ride!!
1 person likes this

New rox risers (2")and rental fatbar Rc high bend.

new front and rear sprocket 15f. 47r 

new o ring chain

im 6'0 and this bar setup is perfect for standing 

IMG_3231.JPG

4 people like this

New rox risers (2")and rental fatbar Rc high bend.
new front and rear sprocket 15f. 47r 
new o ring chain
im 6'0 and this bar setup is perfect for standing 
IMG_3231.JPG

I've got the stock bars with these risers. But I'm 6'4 and its still a bit short. How much more rise do those bars give and do the cables and everything reach fine?

Posted (edited)

IMG_3232.JPGI figure I've gained about 4" from stock setup.

i had to reroute the throttle cable as you can see in the photo

the clutch and front brake line is at the max . Any higher and I would need longer lines

i also changed the location of the ignition

Edited by axeman604
1 person likes this

IMG_3232.JPGI figure I've gained about 4" from stock setup.
i had to reroute the throttle cable as you can see in the photo
the clutch and front brake line is at the max . Any higher and I would need longer lines
i also changed the location of the ignition

I think I might have to go for those!
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

IMG_2645.JPGSouthern gulf islands , British Columbia 

Edited by axeman604
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Sup  guys!

Cleaning out some stuff from last year, and came across these from my last good ride of 2016 at Wellsville Ohio - hope ya enjoy!

20160917_144721.jpg

20160917_164551.jpg20160917_162159.jpg

Edited by RC_ichard
4 people like this

Snow storm in eastern panhadle of West Virginia dumped 8" Tuesday. Thursday thawing fast.

20170316_161002.jpg

3 people like this

Nice. Reminds me of a visit to a friend's house in Westfir a while back. Beautiful area. We ate a lot of berries and filberts.

your bike always looks to me like it has two rocket boosters back there :-)

1 person likes this

Was visiting central FL during bike week so I brought my drz:)

Here's a picture from Flagler beach.

IMG_1490038798.224375.jpg

6 people like this

Nice. Reminds me of a visit to a friend's house in Westfir a while back. Beautiful area. We ate a lot of berries and filberts.
your bike always looks to me like it has two rocket boosters back there :-)

The roads out of Westfir are amazing. I've ridden the Aufderheide hundreds of times on my sportbikes. Up the other way past Hills Creek Reservoir are great DS rides over the mountains 3 directions.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By tacokev
      Like new. Not quite 2000 miles yet! Full FMF exhaust. Jetted for 5000 feet. New continental rear tire. Have all original exhaust. Cool machine. Just don't ride it enough to keep. 
    • By Brettcarson97
      WILLING TO SHIP ANYWHERE

I'm looking for someone to trade wheels with. I use my DRZ 400S for 90% Road and want to get SM wheels. These are in very great shape and are currently painted flat black to match the bike i have. These are perfect for someone who wants the ability to ride off-road with full confidence and still ride on road with no issues.

Brand new tubes in both wheels
      only tires have lasted 1900Miles so far and have ~70-80% Tread left
    • By Brian Garrahan
      Garrahan Off-Road Training is one of Northern California most prestigious riding schools, for all levels of riders conducted by none less than Brian Garrahan. 
      If you have never ridden off road before to racing level, we cover it all. Even for street back ground only. Even if you have very limited or no experience on motorcycle, this riding school will get you started. We have from beginner classes where we focus on the fundamentals of riding off-road, proper body position, staying relaxed, managing the controls and building balance and confidence.
      Need equipment we offer bikes and gear!!!!
    • By 2 stroke joe
      Hi, Im new to this site but it seems awesome so far!       (if you dont want to hear about backstory on bike and story about me on it skip all the way to the end.     if not enjoy!)
      anyway to the topic i have a 1995 suzuki ds 80 its a great bike and its my first clutch and 2 stroke bike (im 15) and it's great. But the problem
      is that when i bought it it ran by it self so i clean the carb. And it was missing a clutch and clutch cable so i put that in it ran by it self.
      and one day i took it to my dads friend he works on atv's and dirt bike's and he said he will look into it and a few months later 
      he told us to come pick it up. I was excited to go get it hoping it was fixed come to find out he couldn't do anything because the kickstart is broken.
      also forgot to mention my kickstart is wasted on the bike so i always bump start it. So i felt bummed about it but then when we were about to leave he
      took the spark out and when we looked at it was bad the spark was destroyed so he told us to get a new one and im sure it will run.
      The next coming days my dad decided it was time to go get a new spark plug and when we got a new one we put it in and put a bit of carb cleaner in the carb
      and told me to try it. so i did and after one or two tries it ran! a few days later (is when im writing this) i decided to go riding and met 2 guys (25 and 30) named elliot and ryan.
      they were really cool we went riding then back to there house and we talked for a bit but here's were the problem is when we went riding everything was going great then we came to a spot with lots of twist and turns and it was muddy. it was fun and all intill my bike didn't have much room to go (too much corners) and it kept dying because the bike wont stay on!!
      to get to the point the problem is my bike wont stay on by it self. The only
       way to keep it on when i stop is to rev it by holding clutch please help. (haven't messed with the idle screw at all)
    • By RL XXI
      Cleaning out my garage and I have slightly used take off parts from my 2011 Suzuki DR650se and some brand new aftermarket parts I never got around to installing and never will so they are up for grabs. All prices are negotiable shipping extra.
      1st up is a set of oem front springs. $20.00

Next is the oem muffler complete, shipping will likely be higher than the part. $50.00

Here we have the oem seat cover and cushion. $20.00

That's it for the oem parts, the following parts all came from www.procycle.us so you can compare prices. First up is a Clarke 3.7G fuel tank with oem decals but they bubbled up for some reason. Tank is in perfect shape, slightly used. $50.00

Here we have Badlands tank luggage brand new, slightly blemished on one side from a bottle of glue that leaked on it as noted in the last picture. $50.00

And lastly a Mikuni TM40 pumper carb with brand new never used cable kit. I made the mistake of letting the bike sit until the fuel went bad so the carb is obviously gunked up and will need rebuilding/cleaning out, also comes with brand new remote mount choke as shown, comes equipped with jets for air box and exhaust mod as well as the original jets. $200.00

That's all I have ready for new homes or wheels I should say, send a pm if interested and thanks for looking.

EDIT: Vapor Trail Tech sold!