swade730

DRZ pics with the best background landscape

6,429 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, HeavyRotation said:

I have no idea. 20170911_171323.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using ThumperTalk mobile app

Thanks! I am not quite sure but it seems it has shifted left some... there was talk a while back of an Eddie battery bracket mod. Maybe signman606 can comment. 

Either way.. great pictures of your ride. Thanks for posting!

6 hours ago, Ctopher86 said:

Found the end of the road.... who put that Dam there????20170913_134715.jpg20170913_134850.jpg20170908_095232.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using ThumperTalk mobile app

They got dams that big in Kansas?  I thought I was mostly flat.

1 person likes this

40 minutes ago, bucket list said:

They got dams that big in Kansas?  I thought I was mostly flat.

Toto, we are not in Kansas anymore!

We actually moved to the Southwestern corner of Oklahoma to a city called Lawton. It is home to Fort Sill and the Witchita Mountains (more like hills if you are like me and originally from Colorado). I was cruising around the wildlife refuge where there are buffalo roaming and came around a corner to find the dead end. The other pics below are the Medicine Bluffs and the crazy clouds we get just before a twister drops out of the sky.  I thought we had been hit by a nuke!!!

20170527_200702.jpg

20170818_162543.jpg

20170728_154138.jpg

3 people like this

that was my first attempt of a panoramic shot using my cell phone

1 person likes this

Just your regular swedish forrest track-touring after a two-day gravel course instructoring. 

The bike is my slightly modded DRZ400S-2000.

IMG_20170910_155637.jpg

7 people like this

58 minutes ago, adrian_vg said:

Just your regular swedish forrest track-touring after a two-day gravel course instructoring. 

The bike is my slightly modded DRZ400S-2000.

IMG_20170910_155637.jpg

Welcome to the forum Adrian. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, bucket list said:

Welcome to the forum Adrian. 

Thanks, am a long time lurker. :-)

1 person likes this

On 9/1/2017 at 5:23 PM, Savage422 said:

Sorry my ugly mug is in it :)

Me and my girl took another ride up the canyon.

20170827_155645.jpg

Tell her you have our permission to be in her riding pictures. :thumbsup::cheers:

2 people like this

On 9/16/2017 at 11:14 PM, samacart said:

Some stuff close to the VA/NC border. 

20170916_121121.jpg

Hey, how are those small mirrors working out for you?
I've already smashed a few of the original mirrors every time I get over-excited when riding gravel roads and am getting tired of buying new ones.
I really need them when off-roading to keep track of the buddies behind so we don't loose each other.

I imagine your type of mirrors are better protected when going for a dive.

Edited by adrian_vg

5 hours ago, adrian_vg said:

Hey, how are those small mirrors working out for you?
I've already smashed a few of the original mirrors every time I get over-excited when riding gravel roads and am getting tired of buying new ones.
I really need them when off-roading to keep track of the buddies behind so we don't loose each other.

I imagine your type of mirrors are better protected when going for a dive.

I think they are working great. Where they are mounted I haven't damaged them yet and I still have great visibility with them. 

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, samacart said:

I think they are working great. Where they are mounted I haven't damaged them yet and I still have great visibility with them. 

Cool. Even when standing up?
Actually, that is my main concern - I need one of them to be usable when standing up, the other when sitting down.
Can you comment on that?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By DRZ_Abbott
      Looking for info on an H4 LED bulb replacement. I'm not looking to use the 4x6 headlights many have used. I'll be doing the KLX450 headlight/fairing mod.
      Looks like eBay has a bunch of options, but to use with stock DRZ wiring what wattage/specs am I looking for? Anyone had success/nightmares? 
      Looking at something like this:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-H4-6500K-COB-LED-Motorcycle-Hi-Lo-Fog-Lamp-Headlight-Bulb-For-Moto-RH/292243629220?hash=item440b13e4a4:g:mxwAAOSwJ~RZsOJ4&vxp=mtr
    • By Kracker
      Howdy,

hopefully someone can drop some knowledge on me.
      Please try to follow as im not much of a writer, im probably going to be all over the place....bear with me. 

I installed a custom "FLOWPRO" fcr mx 39 on a drz400sm :"3x3 & full GPR exhaus, no tps connected"
      WOT it runs and pulls perfectly, as expected. 
      1/8th-1/4 its sputtering like crazy or if im just cruising at a constant speed after a second or two it spudders until i crack it open.
      I had the A/f mixture screw and 2-3 turns out and it was sputtering like crazy anywhere from 1/8th throttle to 1/4th or just cruising at a constant speed. So i turned it all the way in and it ran much better, but its still happening, which leads me to believe it is too rich?
      I ran it without the airbox and it ran better that with it on there but not a significant difference.
      It has a new air filter and sparkplug looks good. It was running perfectly this morning with the mikuni on. 
      Jetting spec:
      Idle jet #40
      Main jet #155
      Main air jet #200
      Idle air jet #75
      Choke jet #75
      Needle ELQ 4th clip from top, "was on third but ran much worse, the guy that built it said to drop it one more clip to see if that helps, It did help a good bit but still not perfect"

other than the spudder at 1/8 throttle and having to have the AF all the way in it runs great. WTF. 

I tried to give as much info as possible, let me know if theres anything i missed. 

• By Waz Hoare
      Hi, 
      working on an 84 PE full floater, which needs a rear shock to really go off road. Looked everywhere and there’s nothing out there. Does anyone know if an RM one will fit? If so what year and model??
      cheers in advance
      Waz
    • By Kor3y101
      Located in Ipswich, Queensland, Australia. 4305.

Up for sale is my 2010 DRZ400E! This is the almighty reliable, can-do-anything, dual sport torquey thumper!
      $3800 (AUD) FIRM.
      It is fairly stock;
      - bark busters
      - exhaust baffle removed
      - 50/50 adventure tyres
      - airbox restrictor removed
      - carby jetting to suit the removed resitrictors
      - tail tidy with KTM style indicators on the rear
      - RMZ style front fender
      - Renthal handlebars
      - Comes with a spare set of Michelin AC10 DOT approved knobbies with heaps of tread
      ** Please note; Quadlock mount is NOT included with the motorbike **
      It comes with the stock fender and tail tidy also should you wish to put them back on
      It has recently been fully serviced by myself.
      - It has brand new oil (less than 100km ago)
      - Brand new oil filter (also comes with another brand new genuine filter for it's next change, it's cheaper when you buy 2 or more)
      - Coolant flushed and new long life oolant put back in
      - Battery was replaced less than 3 months ago
      - Valves have been checked and adjusted to correct spec (have receipt to show this done less than 200km ago)
      The bike has a few marks and blemishes from being a dual sport and having the inevitable fall when off-road. (Pictures show this)
      However overall it is in decent condition and pulls like a freight train with no issues pulling a wheelie in 1-3rd gear (if you dare!)
      The tyres are fantastic for the road and stick like no tomorrow, offroad they perform well in all but deep sand and mud.
      The speedo is very multi-function which is great for trail riding and road usage.
      It has a 10L fuel tank, with normal riding I get about 180KM before needing reserve, which will get you to the 200km mark. So it's pretty good on fuel!
      It starts very easily every time and runs really well.
      Definitely not one to pass by!
      It will come with a RWC once I have a buyer.
      It has rego until 27/03/2018 so plenty of time to ride until it runs out!
      It also has 4x keys in total as the originals are slightly bent, so there are 2 new straight keys as well as the originals (which still work, just didn't want to risk breaking them off)
      I am selling it because as fantastic as it is, I don't get time to take it off roading and really have fun with it. (I have 2 children under 2 years old) so I am looking to get a road bike with 2 seats Instead.
      Would swap for a Yamaha MT-03 or something similar.
      Due to the amount of thefts lately, I will require a deposit of $1000 before a test ride as well as your license, or I am happy to demonstrate the bike working for you. 
      http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ipswich/motorcycles/suzuki-drz400-e-2010-lams-approved-rego-dual-sport-trail-bike/1165413663?utm_source=com.samsung.android.app.memo&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android