swade730

DRZ pics with the best background landscape

You didn't like the RHCs??? :thumbsup:

My RHC's got damaged so I had to change them out anyway (I've been unlucky with Cams). Didn't like the RHC's low end torque though... worse than stock in my opinion. Given I'm using the bike solely as a dirt bike (except riding to the trails) the hotcams work great. The RHC's probably better for your SM as they pull stronger at the top-end. Bet you're enjoying that light dirt bike. Rode my friend's honda 2-stroke 150 the other day... nice, barely over 200 lbs.

Thanks, yeah thats about 80 miles south of San Felipe on the way to Gonzaga Bay. A little warm to do it this time of year, I would wait until October.

Cross at Tecate, ride to Mikes, then to San Felipe, then Gonazaga, or you could truck down to San Felipe and just do the 100 miles down to Gonzaga and back on SCORE course, but that 50 mile stretch from Puertecitos to Gonzaga is a little boring (graded dirt), although scenic:thumbsup:

That is really awesome I would recongnize that terain anywhere! I'm super jealous, I haven't been down that way in a year or so, maybe this is my year though.

Freewheelers, What has been done to this Z in order for it to come up @ 47 MPH :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/ddkessler/Chris%20Wheelie%20Video/?action=view&current=DSCN0186.flv

What you are looking at is the first 475cc DRZ ever built ... It is my sons bike and the original guinea pig ... It has a 40mm CVK carb yosh cams, degreed to 104 exhaust and 108 intake ... some off brand pipe that my son found cheap on ebay ... he runs stock "S" gearing ... the bike has something over 20,000 miles on it ... I've seen him do the same thing over 60mph ...

What you are looking at is the first 475cc DRZ ever built ... It is my sons bike and the original guinea pig ... It has a 40mm CVK carb yosh cams, degreed to 104 exhaust and 108 intake ... some off brand pipe that my son found cheap on ebay ... he runs stock "S" gearing ... the bike has something over 20,000 miles on it ... I've seen him do the same thing over 60mph ...

:busted:

Looks like i'll have to go with a bigbore/stroker kit :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like the one that sez 'screw work. life is too short. go ride'

i have that on my desktop:ride:

should we declare a winner?

My contribution. Hey Sundog, that guy in your last pic looks familiar (me) :thumbsup:

California desert - Jawbone/Dove Canyon area

Top_of_hill.jpg

Colorado

BikeandSnowyMountain.jpg

Wherewegoing1.jpg

3.jpg

Ya, I know it is not a DRZ, but it is such a nice pic of my FZ-1 in Rocky Mountain National Park :thumbsup:

FZ.jpg

Great thread guys, it motivated me to go for a ride today & take some pics. I live on the far south east coast of Australia, surrounded by hills & about 15km from the coast. This is my first post & attempt at posting photos so hopefully it works.

Cheers, Steve.:thumbsup:

Dirtbikeshots015.jpg

Dirtbikeshots010.jpg

Dirtbikeshots003.jpg

Dirtbikeshots030.jpg

Dirtbikeshots037.jpg

WOW, fantastic photos! I never get photo results like that. What kind of camera are you using and what is your secret?

Sorry a bit off topic but I need to know......Fizzalcon64, What tires are you running on your DRZ.

Cheers

Darren

Sorry a bit off topic but I need to know......Fizzalcon64, What tires are you running on your DRZ.

Cheers

Darren

Darren, I am running Maxxis front and rear on my yellow 02. The rear is Maxx Cross IT and the front is a Maxx Cross IT-Desert. On the other pics of my old 04 S, I think the front was a dunlop D742 and the rear was a dunlop D739 Desert AT.

WOW, fantastic photos! I never get photo results like that. What kind of camera are you using and what is your secret?

Hi Colorado,

Thanks, it's an 8 year old Ricoh Caplio RR30, it's a bit out dated now, but was pretty good when we bought it. I find the hardest part of getting good photo's is the right amount of light from the right angle & I always take a lot of shots in case some don't turn out, which is pretty common for me.

My brother in-law is in the states next month & is bringing me back a Sony DSCH9, which he tells me is a good camera(I don't know much about cameras), it's supposed to be idiot proof & has some cool features.

Cheers, Steve.