Kx65 rear end on KLX

Well I decided to go the cheap but mind bottling route and buy the 65 rear end. I got it pretty cheap so I proud of my buy. But for the mind bottling part I was wondering If anyone had ever done this befor and would wanna give me a walkthrough maybe with some pictures. I dont want any of that just buy a 2bros or crap like that i dont have the money. So if ppl would jsut hepl me that would be nice. I already did a search too. Thanx

I have not done the mod, but wonder if you have a complete 65, it might be easier to swap the motor, rather than swaping the suspension on the KLX110. I found the following links on my first search that might help you. The mod has been done by a few members, but seems to require a custom bracket to make it all work.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405532&highlight=kx65+swing+arm

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246970&highlight=kx65+swing+arm

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184921&highlight=kx65+swing+arm

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177599&highlight=kx65+swing+arm

to put the 65 swinger on the 110 u have to shorten the swinger and widen it at the pivot point and also make a new shock mount further down the back bone of the frame....and no dont try putting in a 110 motor in the 65 chassis u will change the ergonomics of the bike and and most races u have to run a open cradle frame where the 65 is closed so doing this u would have to cut a section out of the frame to make it an open cradle which would change the rigidy of the frame and if u like comin down off a jump and having the forks smack u in the face.

It sounds like swapping the motor won't work. It seems like a lot of effort no matter which way you go. An after market setup would bolt on, but then you have the cost of the shock and possible disk brake. I think if my son really wanted to race, I would probably just have him run a kx65, and not spend a lot of money making a 110 competative or find a stock 110 class if they have one. So that the kids have fun, but it comes down to skill and not who can throw the most money into something that's really not a klx 110 any more.

Well. Im doing A build from ground up... Not even starting with a stock 110 im buying all the junk. I have a feeling that this 65 rear end is realy guna be that nice and my brother has been looking up info and it doesnt seem like its shouldbe that hard.. maybe a little time consumeing but not bad. If your thinking of buying a stock 65 instead of a modded 110. I am still yet a kid too im only 14 but in my opion the nicer the bike looks and the faster it is the faster it makes myself feel and it makes me have so much more pride in the sport even if i do fail. The aftermarket parts and what ppl do to there bikes to me is sorta like a competition to see who can have the nicest bike and almost no bike is alike if you build it yourself and when its built ground up its like youve created something noone else has and than you get that feeling the first time you see it together and kick it over i get buterflies in my stomach and a smile from ear to ear knowing that i have a bike like noeone elses!!!!!! lol

• 2 weeks later...

ok, if you ever give up adn want to sell me that rear end, i will give you cash plus all the stock parts that would take place of the kx parts.

anyways, your going to have to shorten the swingarm, cut the bottom mount, and make a shock mount on top of the swingarm so you need to dump the linkage. unless your up for a real challenge, your going to have to move the shock tower as well, cut it off and remount it.