Imported US/Euro TE Version stator output

Thinking of upgrading the low output stock headlight on my 07 TE510. My bike is an imported Euro version with the fan, ignition switch air pump and US exhaust.

Was wondering if by chance the beefed up the electrical output on this version since it needs extra power for the fan and air pump? Sure would be nice if they sized it up a bit.?

While i dont have the answer, a guestimate is that the stators are not any different, and even if they where, it wouldnt be enough to run bigger lights.

Try rewinding your stator yourself (search button for a how to), or getting Baja Designs to do it for you.

For even more juice you can use the three phase stator from Electrosport developed for KTM. Just needs a bigger regulator.

If you have a euro 3 model, you got a bigger electrical system. Euro 3 bikes use Ducati Energia system and Euro 2 bikes use Kokusan system. euro 2 bike did have 15W to charge battery and 60-65W to lamps and stuff. Euro 3 bikes have only 1 system with 90-100W

If you have a euro 3 model, you got a bigger electrical system. Euro 3 bikes use Ducati Energia system and Euro 2 bikes use Kokusan system. euro 2 bike did have 15W to charge battery and 60-65W to lamps and stuff. Euro 3 bikes have only 1 system with 90-100W

Nice informaion Husky_250:thumbsup:

Well there ya go. They are different, but have the same amount of power. Old bike was dual phase, new bike runs everything off the battery apparently.

Both put out 100 or so watts at idle. Neither would put out enough to reliably run a stronger halogen lamp (meaning it would run down the battery on long downhills, tight single track, or other extended low rev situations), or dual lights. Most likely an adapted 35 watt HID single light would work on the stock windings.

Hit the switch. A hundred yards ahead the dim interior of some stranger’s car is lit up with intense whiteness. The driver visibly flinches - hunching down and forward as if he’d suddenly received an electric shock. (I’ve watched this happen..) Now you’re runnin’ an illegal HID headlight that replaced your bike’s regular headlight bulb. (And you’re gonna get a ticket if you are not more careful..) All HID lights are powered by a weatherproof mini-transformer smaller than a pack of cigarettes mounted inside the fairing or under the gas tank. This kit is an easy plug-and-play install, with all wiring and components necessary. HID tech was originally developed as a long distance fiber-optic transmitter light source, so it’s ultra-reliable, runs cooler than halogens, and the HID bulbs themselves last about 2500 hours - far longer than regular types. It draws only 35 watts but produces about 160 watts of intensely white (8300k) light. In comparison, regular headlight beams draw and produce 55 watts on low and 60 on high. So this quality conversion is for off-road use only - Specify kit and bulb type: For two-bulb headlights: One H1, H3 or H7 single bulb/transformer/wiring to convert either the low or high beam side, or for single-bulb headlights: One H4 hi/lo beam conversion. See and be seen!

Like this conversion: http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/HID-Headlight-Conversion-Kit-p-18322.html

35 watts produces 180 watts of light! I love it ?

on my o4 te 450 I ran with an led tail light a polisport twin 35 watt (70 total) head light at the first 24 hr and on the trail in the tnf with out any diming. now I run that light 90% of the time ,I put a switch on so that I can turn it offin the tight stuff. and at night races I run the halogen trail tech 8" with a 55 watt piaa super white bulb. No stator mods never had any problems. so up grading to a 55 watt bulb in the stock reflector should be fine.

I've raced a couple Baja 1000's on Huskys with dual HID's, both times rewound the stator to put out 12+ amps at idle.

For my Dakar Husky i ran a 270 watt Electrosport stator with a SM510 flywheel (they are stronger) and for lights i had a 35 watt halogen from a Yamaha Rhino (lightweight and strong) with a Baja Designs 35 watt HID in a 4 inch housing. Great balance of weight, light output and power consumption.

Power needs to the computers, road book, VHF radio, GPS, tail/brake lights, etc. took some planning. I adapted a fusebox and ran 200 watts to the battery, pulling everything from the stock battery and grounding everything to the battery (the so called 'home run' diagram). Anyway the point is the components all worked really well and come highly recommended. I did cook a couple stators when a radiator leaked and i had to ride hundreds of miles without any cooling system, but thats another story... ?

Hope I am not hijacking this thread, but I was going to post anyway about this, and thought we could keep the stator subject in one place. I was able to pick up one of those Electrosport 270 watt stators for cheap, but now i'm confused as to the install. Anyone have any advise on wireing the KTM spec stuff to the Husky harness? The instuctions say that now the system will be all DC? true? Do I want that? I do want to upgrade my headlight and I think most of the good stuff is DC. I called Electroport and they said the KTM model I have works just fine on the Husky, but could not offer any specifics on how to wire it up.

I havn't had a chance to dig into the electrical system yet, so I was hoping someone like mike could save me from reinventing the wheel. Thanks guys.

Hope I am not hijacking this thread, but I was going to post anyway about this, and thought we could keep the stator subject in one place. I was able to pick up one of those Electrosport 270 watt stators for cheap, but now i'm confused as to the install. Anyone have any advise on wireing the KTM spec stuff to the Husky harness? The instuctions say that now the system will be all DC? true? Do I want that? I do want to upgrade my headlight and I think most of the good stuff is DC. I called Electroport and they said the KTM model I have works just fine on the Husky, but could not offer any specifics on how to wire it up.

I havn't had a chance to dig into the electrical system yet, so I was hoping someone like mike could save me from reinventing the wheel. Thanks guys.

You may want to PM this guy also

Change that to a F-------

I take that A+++ back!!! We ended up going through 11 regulators/rectifiers and still had no working solution from Electrosport! Elecrosport told us we were the only ones having a R/R problem, the only 2 guys out of 50-100 kits sold every month, BS, others have started threads in KTM talk and other forums about the same problem. The RR would fail within 1-2 hours of use, everytime, and fry the battery, computer, and blow headlight bulbs up like a brilliant flash of lightning. We were getting upwards of 20V at 2500 RMPS to the battery. They have downgraded the RR to some substandard lawn tractor part, (from what I've read) and they do not work. We have gone to RRs from Ricks motorcycle electrics in NH, bigger parts and are not running at a full boil like the elecrtosport ones would, they were too hot to touch in a matter of minutes. If you need more than 200Ws, it seems the Esport stator with a different 3 phase RR is the only option. Use the stock RR from them at your own peril, we have lost a total of about $900-1000 in batteries, computers and headlight bulbs. Add another $120 each to get a RR that actually works and the down time our bikes couldn't be ridden, about a month each and the failure of critical electronics at any hour, like after dark 100 miles from home with no headlight in rural PA/NY/NJ and having to buy a flashlight at a quickmart to get it home!!! I take back my original post, these guys flunk big time! Buyer beware!!!

Reply With Quote This from JJM525

I'm also looking into doing the conversion, but don't want any headaches. Goodluck ?

At last years Cabo 500 race we tried the Esport set up and had it fail on us. What we found was a grounding issue. The secret is to weld the Electrosport regulator plate to the subframe, not bolt it on. its all about grounding. Three of us have clocked thousands of miles with this set up correctly installed and had no issues. For sure regualtors can fail, many a Baja 1000 racer has had their Honda lights go out for just that reason (including me in '02 while running in the top 10!) Its usually a grounding issue. Some guys run dual regulators, not a bad idea at all.

At Dakar i melted both OEM and Electrosport stators....so i am sure it wasnt an Esport issue. When the bike heats up two things go, the stator and the clutch.

Check out this DSCF00682.jpgpicture from Dakar day 1 around 20 miles into the special. Changing out the stator while every bike on the course and many a big truck got by! (this was after the bike caught on fire around mile 15 when some twigs got caught in the exhaust--and hours before i rode 120 miles at night on the freeway with no lights arriving 10pm!!) I had to rewire it from the 3 phase Electrosport system to the stock 2 phase system, with a leatherman and dozens of rally fans handing out advice in Portuguese. Took an hour or more. Did it again in Morocco on day 3...at night....with a flashlight....after riding 400 miles....and pushing my bike for miles thru the sand...at this point i'm well versed in wiring the Husky!

Wiring the Electrosport 3 phase stator into the stock 2 phase Husky is not hard, but yes it does take some patience. First step to really 'do it right' is to have the sub frame welded-that means having a tab of aluminum welded on the side for the regulator to mount to. PM me if you want all the details, pics, or maybe we should start a new thread about this? Just remember the two yellow wires

Just to sum it up:

Stock stator output is 100-120 watts.

Re-wound stock stator can make 180+ watts (Baja Designs)

Electrosport stator can make 270 watts.

Boy, am I glad I asked! TT to the rescue again. I have not Paid my buddy yet for the Electrosport stator. He bought it and never used it before he sold the bike. I really don't need 270 watts, just want to be able to run a better headlight and my heated grips sometimes. ( don't laugh, when its really cold these heated grips are the bomb:worthy: ) Maybe safer and easier to go with BD rewind. Thanks for the input guys.