Sign in to follow this  

Jetting gone bad with hot wheather.

I did full yoshi and JD reject... this winter it ran beautily but now it seems to run good in the first 3k rpm and crap in the middle, but the top 8k rpm is good. The jetting is with cool air needle, i thought me living in western ny would not need the hot needle but..... idk. 3rd clip 160 blue needle, and everything else was followed by instructions. do i go to 2nd clip or change main jet to hot wheather one. Thanks for any help.

Seemed to change with the weather... but i guess it was kinda sudden. Why, could there be another problem?

I notice that my bike surges a bit when it gets over 90 degrees.

I can usually fix that by adjusting the fuel screw.

Try that.

Dave

I have tried everything, from hot weather needle, to different clips, it seems to go away and reapear randomly. Should i just take apart and claen the carb thouroughly. I was thinking of taking it all apart spraying it with carb cleaner and blowing it out with a aircompressor. One good thing is now i am the master at working on the carb...Any other ideas?

Yes clean the carb, worst thing to do is start to rejet to make up for A dirty carb.

no i already checked electrical stuff, you can deffinetly tell when it gets no spark or whatever the switches do... it back-fires really loudly. Clean it then?