06 TTR125 Gas Mileage

Anyone ever taken the time to calculate this? My son and I are headed to Hatfield and McCoy in a few months, and I have no idea how long this bike will run on a stock tank. Thanks!

With a stock bike??? Or with a bigger carb, and bbk???

There are too many varibles to consider. Cruising, pinned, putting, dirt, street, dirt/street, uphills, sand, etc. A stock tank holds 1.74 gallons, so it goes pretty good. I can usually go all day on a tank, but I take a lot of breaks. I'm old.

Great question. Was wondering that myself.... I have a 2004 TTRle. I am going on my first BIG dual sport and haven't a CLUE what the mileage is for the tank. I know I have done 20/30 miles with a full tank, but never really took the time to stop and see what was left in the tank when I was done riding for the day.

FYI.. .My 2004 TTR125le (with after market pipe) gets 100 miles/gallon.

FYI.. .My 2004 TTR125le (with after market pipe) gets 100 miles/gallon.

100 miles(?typo?) to the gallon? i can probably get 40-50 if i idle it in 5th gear. and what pipe did you put on it?

maybe 100 miles per tank on a dirt road.

never calculated it, but i do know i ride on average of about 3 hours or so a day playin around in the dunes and only have to refill ever 3-4 days. Oh and the reserve tank is pretty big, lol

never calculated it, but i do know i ride on average of about 3 hours or so a day playin around in the dunes and only have to refill ever 3-4 days. Oh and the reserve tank is pretty big, lol

You have dunes in Newfoundland?

Acctually I was just about to check my mileage. 14/48 gearing, unrestricted and jeted, all on road driving mostly crusing at 90km/hr. I hit reserve at 215km and gased up at 218 and it took 7.76 liters.

That's about 68 miles per gallon. But you said you put in 7.76 liters which about 2.05 gallons and according to the Yamaha specs the tank only holds 1.74 gallons.

You have dunes in Newfoundland?

Yea i know eh, haha you think newfoundland is all rocks but its just mostly rocks, got one really big set of dunes down my way though.

100 miles(?typo?) to the gallon? i can probably get 40-50 if i idle it in 5th gear. and what pipe did you put on it?

Yip. No lie. Filled the tank went 50 miles (dirt roads 5th gear and did trails) stopped put in 1/2 a gallon. Went another 50 miles (dirt roads 5th gear and did trails) stopped put another 1/2 gallon in. Finished the ride. Kept up with a huscavarna (?) 510 and a bunch of 450's and 250's.

Bike has a FMF power core 4 on it. Stock tires. IDK?? just seemed to work! I also only way about a buck nine! :thumbsup:

Yip. No lie. Filled the tank went 50 miles (dirt roads 5th gear and did trails) stopped put in 1/2 a gallon. Went another 50 miles (dirt roads 5th gear and did trails) stopped put another 1/2 gallon in. Finished the ride. Kept up with a huscavarna (?) 510 and a bunch of 450's and 250's.

Bike has a FMF power core 4 on it. Stock tires. IDK?? just seemed to work! I also only way about a buck nine! :thumbsup:

Wow. nice.

Hey, socalxr: TTR150????????