Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Ricky Charmichael Come Back

RC at budds creek amazing to watch. First moto stayed with JS, then a rock hit his goggles and popped out the lense. Still ran a very strong race after throwing his goggles away. 2nd moto, ran behind JS until the 15 minute mark, got tired of running the slower JS pace and stepped it up to the RC pace. As soon as RC passed, he instantly opened up a lead. After about 2 laps of trying to catch RC, JS just gave up. He wasn't running the corners as hard, wasn't doing the the big downhill jump. DEMORALIZED!!! RC never really backed off when he lost his goggles, but why did JS just settle for 2nd place? This is why RC is the champion that JS will never be. Total commitment to the job at hand.

I agree...I have been very dissapointed with JS outdoor riding...Is his bike that bad? He will be the outdoor champ, but its a shame JS is riding with RC...Very hollow victory from a spectators point of view...JS has been counting the days until RC never rides a motorcycle again...

In the second moto the bikes fault? endurance? lack of effort? thinking about the title? lack of speed? We shall never know.

what is more important beating rc or winning your first motocross championship?

winning a championship will be a mark on a page,a plaque on the wall.you will always remember.beating the goat the world will remember.:busted::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

James Stewart is also about legacy and records. Don't let anyone try to convince you he doesn't put out 110 percent EVERY race. Every one counts. He's doing what he can right now. As far as championships...he's got that in the bag if RC retires. No one can convince me the records RC has made aren't in James Stewarts list of personal goals...just every race RC wins they become ever so slightly harder to achieve.

I'm glad to see that Stewart made Budds Creek interesting by finishing 1 & 2. You know they guy isn't pulling any punches, but when it counts, RC keeps on winning. I'll say this again. We have not yet seen Stew at his prime yet and it's too bad that RC is leaving before it happens. Honestly, I think that James Stewart has flashes of pure brilliance and style that hint to his slight superiority over Ricky, but RC just has the Michael Jordan "X" factor...win, win, win!

David

I'll agree that james has unbelievble talent, more than ricky, But Ricky is a workhorse that trains and works harder than everybody else. He has another gear when the win is on the line. He aint afraid to hang it all out; he doesnt seem to make as many mistakes or crash as often as Bubba when running an astounding pace.

I think just about everyone knows james wants to win but team orders take precedence over what he wants. kawasaki has been putting pressure on him to bring home these championships and I'm sure they would be pretty pissed if he got hurt and had to sit out the rest of the season while running with a part time racer.

F**K Kawasaki! What are they gonna do, fire him if he crashes out? This was his last chance to prove he can beat the G.O.A.T. and he failed. If Kawi is pressuring JS to slow down shame on them. You don't hire an awesome talent like that and hobble him. The outcome of these 5 races means more to most MX fans than the championship. Stewart beating the GOAT these 5 races would have sold more bikes than any #1 plate. GO RC.

James Stewart is also about legacy and records. Don't let anyone try to convince you he doesn't put out 110 percent EVERY race. Every one counts. He's doing what he can right now. As far as championships...he's got that in the bag if RC retires. No one can convince me the records RC has made aren't in James Stewarts list of personal goals...just every race RC wins they become ever so slightly harder to achieve.

Well said. Bubbles has mentioned in interviews in the past that he is all about records. By not winning, his list of wins takes that much longer to build up as he continues to age. And yes, goals become harder. Every one does count if he wants to beat RC's 100+ count. He is a driven individual, and he wants to win. There are no team orders at this point, and yes, beating RC heads-up would do plenty for media-exposure, bike sales, confidence.

I train athletes for a profession, and have been a pro myself, and I would put my money that Stewart's problems include a downward spiral of confidence after losing a round or two, bike set-up issues (which are SO critical at that level), maybe endurance and the hectic schedule. RC's time tested routine and experience are no doubt an advantage over his less-seasoned rival. Yes, Stewart seemed faster last year than this year at High Point, Southwick, etc., but that is what makes sport fun: It is dynamic & changing. Stewart even admitted that his crash from High Point last season was in his head. And ever the Champ, RC knows how to elevate his game when required to do so.

If Kawi & Stewart really want a title and to develope Stewart into a better rider for the future, part of that maturity process is knowing when to swallow your ego and say in the press conference " I'm trying, but today second spot on the podium is all I had" and I think that is what we are seeing now. Chances are we will see Stewart's speed come up as the season progresses. However, in the absence of Ricky after Red Bud & Milville, who can act as a catalyst to help push James to the next level in the same way that James has helped to shape Ricky's new level of speed??? My feeling is really no one with any consistancy.

Thats is the whole reason he stayed in the 125 class another year....to beat RC's record of wins. JS will never be able to topple the records RC has done in motocross. JS may have more talent than RC, but when it comes down to it who would you rather see win, a rider that just stands on talent alone or the guy that busts his ass and puts in a hard work day? If you said the guy that stands on talent, then you are the reason the rest of the world looks at Americans as being fat and lazy!

what ever james plans are he is still keeping the best guy to ever ride a dirtbike honest? who can say that?

2 years from now when rc is completely gone is the guy who wins a championship gonna get the excuse he only won it because the goat was not racing?

if that is the case could someone type me, the year when the championship will be earned.

the year will be the one where he rides his ass off all season long and doesn't give up. then he will earn it. this season so far, it's just getting handed to him.

maybe at at the end of the season he can get all the kawasaki crew to do the gay little sprinkler dance when he clinches the title.

Once RC finishes this half season, and Races the Motocross Des Nations. You won't see him race again, unless he decides to make celebrity appearances at a local track.

I think I heard RC is in at the X games for Super Moto. Can anyone confirm that?

And about JS, didn't he lose his mechanic Jeremy Albright? Maybe there is a chemistry thing between him and his new mechanic that needs time to get him back to where he was last year.

I think I heard RC is in at the X games for Super Moto. Can anyone confirm that?

And about JS, didn't he lose his mechanic Jeremy Albright? Maybe there is a chemistry thing between him and his new mechanic that needs time to get him back to where he was last year.

RC is in for the new portion of the XGames, which is a motocross format. I don't think he is racing supermoto. And yes, Stewart did lose Jeremy Albrecht, and that is a possibility. He has said there have been setup issues with the bike......