Sign in to follow this  

Radiator Braces w/Oversized Fuel Tank

Hey everyone. I currently use the Works braces with my stock tank while out at the track, but I run an oversized tank when racing the hare scrambles. Unfortunately, the Works braces will not work with the oversized tank and I was wondering if anyone knows of a brace that may work. I haven't been able to find anything so far.. Thanks..

I know the new Clarke tank that should be out next month was designed with the Works Connection braces in mind. I'm holding off buying one until then.

I have the IMS 3.2 gallon tank and can't get my works braces to fit. The piece that goes over the the frame is what prevents the brace from connecting.

Hey Offroadracer, are you using the braces from Works Connections? Maybe it's a problem with the ones for the KX450. Strange. Maybe I'll check out that Clark tank next year or keep an eye out for some other branded brace.

Thanks again...

I have the IMS 3.2 gallon tank and can't get my works braces to fit. The piece that goes over the the frame is what prevents the brace from connecting.

Hey Offroadracer, are you using the braces from Works Connections? Maybe it's a problem with the ones for the KX450. Strange. Maybe I'll check out that Clark tank next year or keep an eye out for some other branded brace.

Thanks again...

i had works connection and they worked but then i got the devol guards so i switched them out. but with the design of the 3.2 you can't run the worksconnection ones. try looking at the moose, or the style that is more of a cage to the radiator, or ones that mount on the front side of the radiator.

I use the devol guards and a IMS 3.1 tank. I had to bend the guards out away fron the tank a bit, but the work fine. You can not tell they are bent and the still work with the factory tank as well.:thumbsup: