Sign in to follow this  

knee question arthritic pain?

In 2000 I had almost all my cartlidge removed from my right knee.

In 2004 I had ACL reconstruction on the same knee. Complete rupture repaired with a hamstring graft.

My knee is very solid after these surgeries.

I play golf and soccer as well as ride and when I pivot the knee feels solid and does not give. I had a big collision last week playing soccer and the knee held fine. It was really the first big test of impact since my 04 surgery.

At any rate, the knee is and has been for the last year been very achy. Arthritic I suppose. I take aleve at times and ice the knee, but the pain is pretty severe at times.

Most of the time this comes after I play golf as the right knee shifts from side to side quite a bit at impact.

So, what else can I do to help eliminate the pain? Is there something else going on inside the knee that might be a concern, or at 42 yrs old, just something I have to deal with due to my previous surgeries.

MIR

I'd suggest that you quit running on the knee and replace it with 1 hour of cycling a day.

And give up golf so you can focus on riding. Seriously, you may be walking too much and running too much.

A combinaiton of Glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM (Methyl-sulfate-methane) has done wonders for my arthritic pain.

You can get it in combination caps ( I use webber naturals)

A combinaiton of Glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM (Methyl-sulfate-methane) has done wonders for my arthritic pain.

+1 here... it worked for my achy knee too. However, I got lazy and quite taking them. It's a pain to remember every day. My Doc talked me into Halygen shots last year. My results have been great. It's been over 6 months and my knee has been almost pain free. It doesn't last forever, but a few shots a year is better then 2 pills a day (x) 365 days a year.

andy t.