Warning On Hammerhead Products!!!!

I purchased a shifter from Hammerhead products and my credit card was billed more than double the amount!! I called Hammerhead and they said thier having accounting problems and promised a refund. 3 months have gone by and I'm still fighting with them to refund the fraudulent charge. Its one excuse after another. I was left with no choice but to file the paperwork to take them to small claims court.

To make matters worse I was riding in the Allegheny forest in PA and the tiny C-clip that retains the pin on my Hammerhead shifter had fallen off and I lost my shifter tip. Rode over 17 hard miles back to camp like that and almost ended up in the hospital. Called Hammerhead and they said this happens sometimes thats why they give you an extra spring and clip when you buy a shifter tip. What kind of company is this?? WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also have had problems dealing with these Guys. 3 E-mails all unanswered

and and all i want to do is buy their Product

I'm sure the E-mail addy is correct Whothehellcares@hammerhead.com?

good luck getting your cash back:excuseme:

fngman1,

I just read your post. Sorry if we failed to get back to you promptly. As you are in Australia this might have contributed to the problem. We have also changed our email to Sales@HDmoto.com to shorten the length from the original Sales@hammerheaddesignsinc.com. This also might have been a contributing factor. Both should still work, however, and we should have responded more promptly regardless. Again, I apologize.

Regarding Angelo Piano's claims, they are totally untrue and we will be posting a response.

Have a good day.

John

fngman1,

I just read your post. Sorry if we failed to get back to you promptly. As you are in Australia this might have contributed to the problem. We have also changed our email to Sales@HDmoto.com to shorten the length from the original Sales@hammerheaddesignsinc.com. This also might have been a contributing factor. Both should still work, however, and we should have responded more promptly regardless. Again, I apologize.

Regarding Angelo Piano's claims, they are totally untrue and we will be posting a response.

Have a good day.

John

Finally, a "warning" thread with a quick rebuttal. It's always good to get both sides of a story, no matter who; if anyone, is at fault...?

I purchased a shifter from Hammerhead products and my credit card was billed more than double the amount!! I called Hammerhead and they said thier having accounting problems and promised a refund. 3 months have gone by and I'm still fighting with them to refund the fraudulent charge. Its one excuse after another. I was left with no choice but to file the paperwork to take them to small claims court.

To make matters worse I was riding in the Allegheny forest in PA and the tiny C-clip that retains the pin on my Hammerhead shifter had fallen off and I lost my shifter tip. Rode over 17 hard miles back to camp like that and almost ended up in the hospital. Called Hammerhead and they said this happens sometimes thats why they give you an extra spring and clip when you buy a shifter tip. What kind of company is this?? WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These postings by Angelo Piano are totally untrue.

Here are the facts – please feel free to check them for yourself as I will provide detailed information that will make it easy to do so.

On May 16, 2007 Angelo placed an order (his first ever with us) for a Shift Tip and a Case Saver. On this day I and most of my Sales Staff had just left for the Hangtown National in Sacramento. We left behind a new employee who took Angelo’s call and made a simple mistake and sent him a complete Shift Lever Kit with the Case Saver instead of just the tip.

This order was shipped the day it was received, on May 16. The UPS tracking # was 1ZR224690390650959 and it was delivered on Wednesday May 23. The following Monday, Angelo called and explained that the wrong part had been sent. I apologized and asked if he could remove the tip and return the lever arm for a refund for this part plus the cost of shipping. I also offered to allow him to keep the whole lever kit if he wanted and I would give him a discount on his entire order. He declined this offer and said he would take off the tip and send back the lever. He also ordered another tip at that time that we shipped the next day, May 29, by UPS tracking #1ZR224690399959379 that was delivered on June 5.

On May 30, the day after we sent the new tip, Angelo sent his entire first order, including the Shifter with Tip, and Case Saver back to us. The tracking # for this shipment is 1Z4817890351479385 and it arrived on June 6.

Angelo sent us a letter with his return that stated:

I would like to return the enclosed items for a refund. The reasons are explained below.

Shift Lever: I ordered a shift tip and received a complete shifter. I called your company and was told there were mistakes made on some orders and was instructed to take the shift tip off the shifter and mail back the arm for credit. I tried to remove the shift tip and could not get the pivot screw out of the shift tip so I am returning the entire shifter for a refund.

Case Saver: The Hammerhead case saver has a much larger gap between it and the chain compared to the factory Honda item. I am concerned this will allow objects to get between the chain and the case saver causing possible damage.

Angelo called us a few days after the return arrived and I spoke to him again to discuss the concerns in his letter. We had already replaced his Shift Tip so this was not an issue. Regarding the case saver, I explained that our design allows more space between the chain and Case Saver intentionally, and performs two tasks – it allows for the use of a larger countershaft sprocket (ours is the only case saver that allows for a larger countershaft sprocket without requiring the removal of the case saver entirely), and despite his concern, a larger opening actually reduces the likelihood of something becoming stuck in there, not the other way around as he surmised. This is basic physics – a tighter space is more likely to become clogged than a more open space.

Despite Angelo’s errant logic, I told him that it was not a problem and we would credit him. Our bookkeeper came in that weekend and, as his order had already been processed and registered, a check was mailed to him for the full amount of his return, plus the shipping cost.

For whatever reason, since then Angelo has been bashing us incessantly on Thumpertalk.

He claims that 3 months have gone by. Look up the tracking numbers I listed and you will see this is untrue. His first order was placed May 16th and arrived May 23, 2007.

He claims that he was charged double. This is totally untrue and proved so by his next false claim.

He claims that he has filed a small claim against us. This is untrue. Even if we had charged him double – as poster TokyoLunch noted – the credit card company would handle it. Everybody knows this – who would go to small claims court when all you have to do is call the credit card company (if it were true)? Credit Card companies protect the Cardholder first. If we had done as he claims his credit card company would pull those funds from our account in a heartbeat.

He claims that the clip on the shift tip fell off. This is untrue as the tip we sent him had a screw connection (just read his own words about the screw he couldn’t remove). He never “called” us about this and we never told him that “this happens.”

Angelo posted on another thread on 6/5/07:

“Hammerhead shift tips are garbage. 2 rides and mine was finished. I haven't had any luck with Hammerhead products overall.”

The problem with this story is that Angelo did not receive his new tip to replace what he returned until the same day (6/5/07) as this posting… Again, for any doubters, go to UPS.com and look up our tracking numbers for Angelo’s orders and it is there in black and white. He is telling a story that is simply not true because he did not even have the part yet. It is true, however, that he had not had any luck with our products because he had never even used any of our products as of that date.

He also posted:

“Thier silver ones are clear anodized which doesnt make a difference in wear resistance. I'm a materials engineer by trade . Hammerhead is Junk.”

The fact is that Angelo has no idea how we make our products and has no business pretending that he does.

He also posted:

“My brother purchased a case saver from Hammerhead Designs for his 2005 CRF450R. One thing we noticed when we installed it was that there was a much larger gap between the sprocket and the Hammerhead case saver when compared to the factory Honda one (I don't know if the Honda one is called a case saver but it does keep the chain from hitting the case if the chain breaks). We were riding at our local track this past Saturday which was muddy and a rock got between the case saver and chain/sprocket and broke the case saver off the motor taking a chunk of the case where the bolts threaded into. NOT GOOD!!!! Could this have happened from the large gap the Hammerhead case saver had??? The factory Honda one sits MUCH closer to the sprocket. Has anyone noticed this or used one?? Our local dealer quoted $1800.00 to replace both case halfs because Honda only sells them as a matched set. Please help!!!!”

Again, this is just untrue. In fact, when I spoke to Angelo the first time about his concern on this very issue he told me this same story but a little differently – he said that it was a stock case saver that broke and this was the reason he was interested in ordering ours in the first place… Once Angelo decided to trash us he modified this story to suit his needs for the posting. Of course 9 responses to this post told Angelo that the story of having to buy both halves was not accurate, either… It seems that as he makes these stories up he just digs a deeper hole for himself.

So that’s it. Somehow we have pissed this guy off enough to cause him to make up lies and stories that are totally untrue. Fortunately, he did so in a way that is so easy to prove wrong. For whatever it is worth, I’m sorry for whatever we did to make him so pissed.

Hammerhead is a company that works very hard to produce high quality parts. We are an American company and our parts are made here, in the USA, by Americans. As with anything, it is possible that we might make a mistake from time to time, but we try our best not to. We also try to respond to any inquiry or problem promptly and to our customers satisfaction. Sometimes, unfortunately, we fail to do so, but the response from Angelo has been totally untrue, inaccurate and unfair. In this regard, consider that, as the Owner of the company, I have personally handled Angelo’s issues from his first call. Try calling Pro Circuit, FMF, or Sunline and see if Mitch Payton, Donnie Emler, or Eddie Cole will take your call. I’m not trying to compare Hammerhead to those fine companies or disparage these Owners at all, but they would probably not handle something like this personally as I have.

It really pisses me off when people get a bug up their ass about a company or product and spew some bullshit claims over the net to harm their credibility, reputation and livelyhood. If you're only going to tell a tiny biased piece of the story in hopes of skewing evryones opinions and causing a loss to the company then save it, cause you're only making yourself look like an idiot. Your side of the story sounds vastly different than the VERY detailed response by Hammerhead???

It's nice to see a standup company giving ALL the details in a prompt, respectable and seemingly very honest response for all to see. Air your dirty laundry all you want but one of the reasons this site rocks is because the "bad guys" get to respond to these allegations as well and we all get to see it for what it really is. I say good job HammerheadMX and who says customer service is dead.

Try calling Pro Circuit, FMF, or Sunline and see if Mitch Payton, Donnie Emler, or Eddie Cole will take your call. I’m not trying to compare Hammerhead to those fine companies or disparage these Owners at all, but they would probably not handle something like this personally as I have.

AMEN BROTHER!! :cheers::bonk:?

I really wasn't going to read this thread when I saw Dude (apiano) only had 8 posts. :busted:

Glad I did though. Stand up job my Brother, and I hope your company does well in the future. I think it will, because I am now like a few others and will be checking your product out. ?

?

I have a Honda 2003 CR250R, so if you ever want a guy to test your products, I'm game.?

• Like 1