Have I just F@*#%! my forks?

Changed the oil in my forks today, just took off top caps, drained and replaced outer tube oil - 345mls. Put all back together and now one of the comp clickers turns real freely like it's not doing anything, the other one's ok, can feel it working though - more resistance. Anyone have any clue what's happened here?

:thumbsup:

The adjuster screw on the one that you feel is working properly should move up or down (in or out) as you turn it.

Does the other one do the same or does it just stay in place no matter which direction you go?

If it doesn't move, I'd pull that valving assembly and inspect it before I rode it.

Let us know what you find.

isn't there something in the manual about making sure the clickers are turned a certain way before you reassemble otherwise you can honk it up. Haven't done it in a while and can't remember for sure, but just a thought. Good luck.

I think I may be thinking of the rebound adjuster on the bottom of the leg.

always turn all clickers all the way out before diassembly

I'm not bein' a smart-azz here; but, I'd read the manual and then go back in and see what's up.

Good luck!

By the sounds of it all you did was slide down the outside tube right? You would not have to touch the clickers for that, only if you took the base valve out of the subtank and a complete disassembly would you have to worry about the adjusters. That sounds really weird, because even with the rebound adjuster in your hand it will still click. The only thing I can think of is if by chance you over tightened the clicker and it striped.

By the sounds of it all you did was slide down the outside tube right? You would not have to touch the clickers for that, only if you took the base valve out of the subtank and a complete disassembly would you have to worry about the adjusters. That sounds really weird, because even with the rebound adjuster in your hand it will still click. The only thing I can think of is if by chance you over tightened the clicker and it striped.

yeh that's all i did, the clicker still clicks and moves up and down but you can feel it's not doing anything. When i was undoing the cap on that fork leg it was hard to turn then gave all of a sudden - wonder if something broke, would it be the rod that goes from the top cap to the base valve? had all the clickers adjusted to fully out as stated in manual.

yeh that's all i did, the clicker still clicks and moves up and down but you can feel it's not doing anything. When i was undoing the cap on that fork leg it was hard to turn then gave all of a sudden - wonder if something broke, would it be the rod that goes from the top cap to the base valve? had all the clickers adjusted to fully out as stated in manual.

I'm pretty sure that adjuster works like this -

The screw pushes against a small, spring loaded rod that moves a needle in and out of a bypass orifice on the BV post. If the screw doesn't have any tension on it, the spring may have broken.

I would remove the BV assembly from the IC and start disassembling it.

You may be able to fix it yet.

:thumbsup:

has you adjuster got small bearings in it ?? . on my ktm when i removed the adjuster in the rebound it had tiny little ball bearings wich create the click,if you drop one out theres no click . just a thought >>