klx 650 c vs klx 650 r

hello,

after blowing up my klr's engine I am in a market for another dirtbike with better suspension and more powerful engine, but in quite tight budget. I rode my friend's klx650r and really liked it. But here in Europe, they are really rare and hard to find ?

I am thinking about buying KLX650c and converting it to R version. Have anyone done that? Is it possible? I want those 135 kg and a smooth, reliable engine. Also red button seems to be in it, thats not bad at all ?

klxs seems to be made for a long period of time. Was there any updates in engine suspension etc?

Any thoughts and advices are welcome.

? hey how are you i am selling a very nice [r] that has a lot of mods just to start it has a stroker pipe fxr carb full kx 500 suspension that has been done at procirut brp top and bottom clamps pro tappers trail tech computer bark busters Scott's dampener and shark fin kx 500 front wheel excel wheels hd tubes stroker gripper seat and a hole host of other things including a ca plate and duel sport kit from Baja designs if your interested let me know and I'll send you some pics in your e-mail it does not have a lot of time on it as i have 8 bikes and share the time it was bout new in 1999 as a leftover 1997 and i have always owned it it is the easiest starting for stroke period and is very fast and rides great . who ever buys this bike will be in love i have not advertised it as of yet but I'm going to sell most of my bikes due to bad leg injury and i would love some one who loves the Klux as much as me to get it as it has always been my favorite bike and thats saying a lot when you own the ones that i do hope to her from you soon

Hello,

thanx for offer. I hope bike is somewhere in European Union, as California is almost in the opposite side of the World to Lithuania.

Anyway, was ir worth putting kx500 suspension into klx for enduro riding?

Also I wonder about differences in engine and suspension compared those two versions - C to R.

Couple of the differences are that the R has a fully adjustable suspension and the C does not. Also the C has a steele line cylender that you can easily bore out but the R does not it only has a coating on it.

yes the 500 wheel bolts wright on as long as you use all the parts from the 500 you due have to modify the brake line i used on off a 500 as well .oh by the way the r only has compression adj not rebound thats why i made the change and to me it was very worth the money i have the stock forks and wheel and they were done by procurcuit as well and i must say they were very good but the 500 forks are very plush with great bottoming control and made the bike great in the whoops and turns very happy

hey i can always ship it to you if your interested and the eng are dirferent by the cycl,and compreion ratio and the susp,is as well pipe [not the head pipe] wheels and tank and stock geering is a lot higher ,witch bike do you have because i have a lot of parts off the stock r and i have a procircut pipe as well,carb throttle and cables forkes wheel tripple clamps a lot of stuff

• 3 years later...
Can someone spell out the difference between the two

Thanks

Between the KLX C & R?

The R is more dirt worthy,

Adjustiable suspension

Shorter wheelbase due to a 1.5 shorter aluminum swingarm.

The jug is nikisil coated, special boring techniques required.

Tank is plastic not steel.

C model is more street worthy,

longer 1.5 wheel base, steel swingarm.

non-adjustable suspension and softer.

Jug is steel, easy to bore.

steel tank.

blink, blinks.

I think that's close to it, hopefully and purist will straighten me out if not.?

Actually what I meant was the difference between the klr and the klx

Thanks

Just picked up this 95 KLX only 10,000 kilometers.

when gearing down in first or second I can hear the timing chain rattling.

KLX%20Sept%202009%20001.jpg?psid=1

Edited by soaringman

Ha ha thats funny. You got the seat frame blue combo. I might take my stickers off as they look kinda dated.

Hows your engine sound ? do you know if it's had the 10,000k valve adjustment done ?

My engine is quite, surprisingly quite. I can detect a slight tick like maybe a loose valve. I need to look into how to adjust/check them. The second owner can't find the maint. records from the first owner. ?

Best of all it doesn't sound like a KLR ?

The valve cover looks like it's been off before so it may have had the 10K service.

I got a box of parts coming, the brakes are shot and what looked like rusty water came out of the rear caliper. That and the exhaust pipe is the worst of if. New tire already mounted.

What's the worst or best in yours???

cimg1718.jpg

BTW, I may be interested in a stock exhaust if anyone has got one hanging in the shed.

Mine is in great shape, I've ridden it harder in the last couple of days than it's ever been ridden. Ridden over some big drainage ditches and the liscence plate holder has come in contact with the rear tire and tore it up a bit plus I dropped it and broke the tip off the clutch lever. oh well, I can modify it

only problem is I can hear the cam chain when gearing down in 1st and 2nd , it's ratteling

or hitting the side of the inside of the case and making some wierd sounds. I've read these bikes have inherent cam chain problems so I'll have to get it fixed before it gets worse and causes bigger problems.

Mines got a nice procircut pipe on it. and a nice skid plate. You might want to consider a skid plate, I hear big rocks bouncing off it all the time.