Sign in to follow this  

We are a bunch of ******* compared to these guys.

Gotts have respect.... What will we look back on in 50 years time...

awsome! thanks for sharing that with us. I just forwarded the link to about a dozen friends.

Those pictures, which are awesome, have me thinking maybe it's time to slow down and quit wearing gear.

That's some of the coolest shit I've ever seen. Makes ya realize how fortunate we really are.

Nope it didn't take carbon fiber :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing that link. That was awesome to see them 50's studs jumping them bikes

-Fryboy

My dad rode around on an indian after the big war (you know.. ww2) He never talked about it much. There were a lot of guys after that gig who felt they missed death & 'owed' their buddies. Many of them went out & made quite a few adventures.. some joined their buddies. We admire them, & rightly so.. but they would envy us, with our high tech rigs! I wonder what we'll look to in the future generations.. will we envy the new bikes, or will 'progress' & civilization have riding so emasculated that no one will be able to go off road? May you live in interesting times.

scotty:cool:

Cool post. It's interesting to look back at the history of why riding bikes is cool. Guys like your dad made it that way by honoring a noble cause (and bucking the system).

We have quite a system to buck as well. So I guess as long as we honor those who don't make it, and continue to ride bikes, we'll be cool too.:thumbsup:

P.S. Quad riders need not reply.

Holy SH%T!!! It looks exactly like him.....good catch man!!!

I already said something about that one the first page. :thumbsup:

That is seriously cool! I never imagined they would take those OFF ROAD!

Seeing those guys back in the day makes me fell like I can push a little harder on my 450!

They were definitely pioneers. We have some great riders today, but I wonder what some of those guys 50 years ago could do on a bike of today with that kind of skill, spirit, and true grit. The technology allows us to push the limits harder and harder and we look back and see records getting broken constantly by athletes today, but is the athlete breaking a record, or the athlete plus the new equipment. Records set on bikes even 10 years ago aren't a good comparison to records set today.

My hat's off to the pioneers. Those guys are awesome.

Kenny_topped_out.jpg