Just bought my first Husky. :)

Picked up my first Husky, a 2006 TC 250, yesterday from a very kind gentleman in Michigan. He was getting rid of all 7 or so Huskys his family was racing on since they are now sponsored by KTM. He said the KTMs are much faster since the Huskys are down quite a few HP, but that doesn't bother me. It was his son's spare bike and it had 15 hours on it total, with 0 hours on the total rebuild (07 parts) and new clutch. Got an extra set of tires, stock bars, SA can, plenty of filters, the toolkit, seat cover, old plastics, and a few other goodies for $3,200.

I only had a chance to take it around the block but it's a huge difference for me coming from an '04 KTM 125 SX. I love it, even though it is a pain to start.

One thing I noticed though, is that the can has tire marks and a dent on it and is obviously in the way of the tire when the suspension is fully compressed. My dad's '05 KTM 450 SX is the same way. Why would they design it that way? ?

Anywho, I'm happy with my purchase and I'm sure you'll see me around here every now and then. I hope to get pictures up soon.

Picked up my first Husky, a 2006 TC 250, yesterday from a very kind gentleman in Michigan. He was getting rid of all 7 or so Huskys his family was racing on since they are now sponsored by KTM. He said the KTMs are much faster since the Huskys are down quite a few HP, but that doesn't bother me. It was his son's spare bike and it had 15 hours on it total, with 0 hours on the total rebuild (07 parts) and new clutch. Got an extra set of tires, stock bars, SA can, plenty of filters, the toolkit, seat cover, old plastics, and a few other goodies for $3,200.

I only had a chance to take it around the block but it's a huge difference for me coming from an '04 KTM 125 SX. I love it, even though it is a pain to start.

One thing I noticed though, is that the can has tire marks and a dent on it and is obviously in the way of the tire when the suspension is fully compressed. My dad's '05 KTM 450 SX is the same way. Why would they design it that way? ?

Anywho, I'm happy with my purchase and I'm sure you'll see me around here every now and then. I hope to get pictures up soon.

Congrats on the new bike. Why is it a pain to start? Might need to be jetted, they are known to be one of the easiest starting four strokes. I am guessing that the mounts for the can are bent, my 07 has lots of clearance between the tire and the can.

Congrats on the new bike. Why is it a pain to start? Might need to be jetted, they are known to be one of the easiest starting four strokes. I am guessing that the mounts for the can are bent, my 07 has lots of clearance between the tire and the can.

It's just four strokes in general, not this bike in particular. I don't have the starting ritual down for the four strokes yet and my 125 was so easy to start that you could practically start it on accident. The jetting is stock, though it currently has racing fuel in it. I'd assume that would only make it easier to start. I had an equally hard time starting my dad's new 450.

Here's a pic. ?

1.JPG

It's just four strokes in general, not this bike in particular. I don't have the starting ritual down for the four strokes yet and my 125 was so easy to start that you could practically start it on accident. The jetting is stock, though it currently has racing fuel in it. I'd assume that would only make it easier to start. I had an equally hard time starting my dad's new 450.

Here's a pic. ?

1.JPG

Good pic, I think I saw that on ebay.

Welcome to the group ? Lots of good people / info here so post away. What sized rear tire it that, maybe it is a 250 sized tire? Also, not sure what KTM makes a lot more HP than the husky. For most models the Dyno shows it the other way around. Although the new KTM250F is a healthy model for sure.

My TE 450 rubs has rubbed the can before. I found that the can frame brackets are pretty soft and if you drop it on the right side the can bends the brackets in. Just remove the right side plastics and remove the can bolts. I us a large crescent wrench to slide over the frame brackets and bend them back into place. No big deal.

One thing I noticed though, is that the can has tire marks and a dent on it and is obviously in the way of the tire when the suspension is fully compressed.

This is common and I think part of the reason for this that Husky did a smart thing by making the bike quieter than most and not sacraficing power. They do that by using a straight through can, bigger and longer than most. And it works superbly. I only hope other mfgs will follow suit in the future.

Anyway, welcome to the Husky world. You have a nice bike. ?

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. ? I'm back with some more information after riding it for a couple of hours. For some reason it only starts well (hot or cold) with the throttle wide open. The rubber washers on the right side of the exhaust aren't touching the plastic and I take it they are supposed to, so I guess the mounting brackets are indeed bent. I also hear some sort of chatter coming from the left side of the bike when rolling in gear, it's inconsistent and I'm not sure what it is. (I'm mechanically challenged. ?)

I took a spill on the right side and it seems I have sand in the throttle assembly. It's really quite annoying. Any tips on how to clean it out? Do I have to disassemble it?

Forgot to add, I noticed the anti-chafe tube for the rear brake at the 90º bend has been worn through and now the brake cable is rubbing on the engine case. :|

I ride an 07 TC 450. Been down twice on the right side. Both times bent the can brackets and the tire rubbed a bit. Like a previous post, I take the right side plastics off, unbolt the can, and then use a large crescent wrench to bend back out. Easy fix, no problem.

Sounds like drive chain noise, the rattling, but you may want to make sure it is not the cam chain. Carefully remove the valve cover, taking care to allow 0 dirt into the head. Make sure the automatic chain tensioner is in contact and with the cam chain,there is no slack.

Mike

Congratulations on your new Husky. I just got my almost new 06 TC 510 last week. Same exact stuff- tire rubbing can a little and finicky to start. Great bike though. Make sure someone leads you through the ritual of finding top center with feeling your decompression lever half pulled before starting. Once you got it, you got it.