what TRIALS bikes make good TRAIL bikes

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the montesa 4rt is going to be my next bike, its fuel injected and lewisport showed a picture of a long ride seat tank. I currently ride a Sherco 2.9 and from what I have seen the suspension is alot more ajustable on the montesa for trial riding.

IF you can find one, an '86-'87 Honda Reflex TLR200 makes a good trail bike.

I second the TLR is an excellent trail bike (I like it better then my CRF250X!). For a modern trial trail bike killer Scorpa is coming out the the T-Ride soon:

I personally *HATE* using my GG as a trail bike. It honestly makes the trails I find extremely technical on my CRF250X too easy and boring. Seriously.

That was some nice riding on that video...cool looking bike too!

I second the TLR is an excellent trail bike (I like it better then my CRF250X!). For a modern trial trail bike killer Scorpa is coming out the the T-Ride soon:

I personally *HATE* using my GG as a trail bike. It honestly makes the trails I find extremely technical on my CRF250X too easy and boring. Seriously.

Micahp points out that a trials bike can be boring on a trail ride and i go mtb and leave motorbike at home.Even riding a grade above what you should and crashing a lot is more fun.Trying silly obstacles then falling off and making a clown of yourself in front of your friends is better than trail riding a trials bike.

For a modern trial trail bike killer Scorpa is coming out the the T-Ride soon: .

whatever they will release under the label of t-ride

it will not be this bike, but maybe, maybe, if we are lucky, a cheapo knockoff of the bike in the video

do you remember the first Pampera at the show in Milano? and what became of it in only 1 year of production?

do you rmember the first videos of the Tricker? and do you know the Tricker you can buy?

guess I am just not good enough a rider

and I still enjoy to see the disbelieve in the faces of wannabe big boys, those who need their 525 tuned, because it does not have enough power ... you know the kind I talk about, first they do not believe I dare asking them to take me along, then they wonder how I could keep up on the main trail and when it get's a little technical ... oh well ?

whatever they will release under the label of t-ride

it will not be this bike, but maybe, maybe, if we are lucky, a cheapo knockoff of the bike in the video

do you remember the first Pampera at the show in Milano? and what became of it in only 1 year of production?

do you rmember the first videos of the Tricker? and do you know the Tricker you can buy?

Is this not the bike they are going to release? Its looks like the one on their website.

Is this not the bike they are going to release? Its looks like the one on their website.

tricker prototype: http://www.etcycles.com/images/tricker.jpg

what they relaesed: http://www.motorcycledaily.com/080605bottom.jpg

claimed at first: 180lb, Tokyo Show 207lb, released 260lb

T-Ride

first announcement <82Kg incl button, until 4 or so weeks ago 90Kg, now 95Kg

I spent a few hours on a SY 250 LR any thought it was a blast. I could really see myself riding one in the tight impassible trails and large rock/cliff tree obstacles we have on the island. But I also really love to wind out my CRF450R on the logging roads. I guess if my only bike was a trials bike I wound have to give that up? I know that a modern trials bike has some speed in the higher gears but what is the suspension like when traving at a fast pace?

So, I just tried some trails yesterday and unfortunatly... I didn't much like it ? . If you try to ride trails like you are on a regular bike, it feels terrible. The suspension bottoms out over everything and still gives a very rough and uncomfortable ride. I also found that if you run trials pressure, you find your tires giving way over most sharp bumps and hear the sound of your rims getting a bit too close to the dirt. I was also a bit put off by how slow the bikes are on open trails or gravel roads. I am running 10/44 sprockets and found myself often wishing for a seventh gear. Over all it wasn't a great experience riding the trails, but it was worth it to go hunting for some new obstacles.

Is 95 kilos 260 lbs ?

NO

260lb are the actual weight of the Yamaha Tricker sold to the public

95Kg = 210lb are the latest claimed weight for Scorpas 4-Ride

a little disappointing since they started at <82Kg = 181lb

by the time the bike hits the stores it will be 220lb and I can just as well keep my CRF:thumbsdn:

so 1992yz125 you did not like it?

what kind of trails were you riding? any single track with roots and hills?

in Hawaii, we got a lot of single track with roots and these trails go up and down in valleys.

Hawaii sounds awesome for trials, can you post any pics of your riding areas, trails, events etc?

Thanks

tricker prototype: http://www.etcycles.com/images/tricker.jpg

what they relaesed: http://www.motorcycledaily.com/080605bottom.jpg

claimed at first: 180lb, Tokyo Show 207lb, released 260lb

T-Ride

first announcement <82Kg incl button, until 4 or so weeks ago 90Kg, now 95Kg

Dude the tricker isnt coming out fo rliek anohte ryear or two at least thats wut ive beenhearing around da shops lately...theres no way that enduro is was yamaha called the tricker