Sign in to follow this  

Pitster X2r wont stay running

I can get it to start and idle but when you apply the gas it loads up and dies for back fires :thumbsup: what do you think the problem is carb? electrical? Please Please Please HELp ME :thumbsup:

Im not an engine expert, but when my SDG does that its because the valves are way off. For me, it becomes slightly difficult to start, then it idle's fine until 1/3 throttle, then sputters, if you crank it higher it dies and backfires. A quick 15 minuet vavle adjustment and it works just fine.

Where do i get the valve specs from? I have seen it done but never done it my self.

Where do i get the valve specs from? I have seen it done but never done it my self.

If it came with an instruction manual, then it should have it in their. It should even tell you how to adjust them.:thumbsup:

I can get it to start and idle but when you apply the gas it loads up and dies for back fires :thumbsup: what do you think the problem is carb? electrical? Please Please Please HELp ME :thumbsup:

Start with a new plug. Next, make sure the choke is off???!!! Mostly, it sounds like the carb should be pulled off and cleaned out. Make sure that the pilot jet as well as the main jets are cleaned and you can see through them. Remove any particles that are at the bottom of the float bowl too. Check the level of the float itself too. You might want to push the retaining pin out for the float itself and pull the float needle out and clean the tip of it to make sure that the float is not sticking.

Start with a new plug. Next, make sure the choke is off???!!! Mostly, it sounds like the carb should be pulled off and cleaned out. Make sure that the pilot jet as well as the main jets are cleaned and you can see through them. Remove any particles that are at the bottom of the float bowl too. Check the level of the float itself too. You might want to push the retaining pin out for the float itself and pull the float needle out and clean the tip of it to make sure that the float is not sticking.

Im with Korben on this deal. If it starts fine and idles but when you crack the throttle it backfires and dies it sounds like the main jet is plugged.

Becareful with the float. The little tab that raises and lowers the float level is easy to bend. Just push the pin through and drop it down.

Use carb cleaner and compressed air on the jets and through all the holes in the carb. It should fire right up and run fine after. :thumbsup:

Thank you guys for all the help im going out side to do it right now I will let ya know if it works

Wouldn't hurt to check the connections on your coil also. The connectors on mine were loose and arcing all over the place. Made a huge difference.

You got it. It was a loose wire going into the cdi. So when you reved it up the vibration would make it loose connection