buying KTM 525MXC

I’ve just gotten into offroad (desert)riding I’m looking to buy a 2005 KTM 525MXC. Price asked is ~$5400. Bike has 80 hours on the engine and appears to be in good condition. Current owner has not been able to ride for 8 months now and wants to sell.

Questions:

1) Is the price way out or in the ball-park? I realize prices will vary by area and I’m not in the US but just want to get a feel for this.

2) For some reason the front brakes are really soft and owner says they just need to be ‘bled’. Can this be right - what other problems might exist?

3) Anything else I should be concerned about on this type of bike and this model?

From what I've read, most people owning these bikes love them but I want to get some more direct input.

i paid 5500 for a 2003 525exc 1 yr ago...with 245 miles on it.... I would not own a different bike. I love it......

Brakes: yes it can be done to fix the "softness"... if he has any records of bike maint' get those....but for the most part, if the oil is changed, filters are changed and the air cleaner has been cleaned, valves adjusted, your good to go for years... i love mine ?

if the bike has been sitting for 8 months, the gas maybe old and cause the bike to sputter alot......new gas...and hopefully the carb is clean and not gummed up. He prob started it tho.... i can't see someone letting it sit for 8 months. You will Love it..the price IMHO = "Fair" ? DO IT!

www.xcodex.org\<a href='https://www.thumpertalk.com/link/click/4926/' rel='nofollow' data-ipsHover-target='https://www.thumpertalk.com/index.php?app=autolink&module=links&controller=content&id=4926' data-ipsHover target='_blank' rel='noopener' data-autoLink>KTM</a>\ktmafter2.jpg

www.xcodex.org\KTM\ktmafter.jpg

I ride an 05 525mxc and love everything about it. The one thing I would recomend is playing with the gearing a bit. I found my happy place at 13/50.

Mine is not so clean anymore because I ride 1 to 2 times a week in tight trails but with maintenance done right it has yet to let me down. That price sounds decent for the bike.