Ebay jet kit rip off

Just thought I would let everyone know, the JD jet kit is probably the only complete and comprehensive kit made that I know of anyway for the 150R. Theres a guy on ebay that claims to have the secrets all figured out. Here is a link to his wares.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xtreme-Racing-Carb-Cure-PLUS-CRF-150R-CRF150R-CRF-150-R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ005QQitemZ150101825536QQrdZ1

However when I asked if the jets were 45 pilot and 145 main, he responded with "its a secret and I wont tell you" My response to this was will it work at 5000 feet above sea level, and what about a 100 feet above sea level. Also I wanted to know if these were for the stock exhaust or aftermarket. The guys relunctance to answer my questions with honest and straight forward answers make me leary of him and personally believe he is just a rip off artist. So those of you out to fix your bike do not try to save a few bucks on someones secret recipe, probably with disasterous results. So I am ordering the JD jet kit, I am certain this is a complete kit that has enough parts to accomadate our slightly modified bike at our elevation and weather conditions.

I dont see how you got ripped off that was not a bad price for the parts you did get. What is the big deal there are 100+++ post on jetting the 150r on this web site for free. I think you got what you paid for deal with it.

dude calm down. he didnt buy anything. ? he was just stating that the guy would not tell him what the jets were and the way he answered his questions it seemed that the guy was just a scamer.

dude calm down. he didnt buy anything. ? he was just stating that the guy would not tell him what the jets were and the way he answered his questions it seemed that the guy was just a scamer.

Thanks man, I couldnt say it better myself.

5150 clothing designs, Would you buy a mystery jet kit?

If he told you what the jets were, You would just go out and order your own jets.

The WB jet kit also has a modified AP diaphram and instructions for wire tying

the pump cams together to help eliminate bog... The WB kit worked flawlessly for me, 2 out of 3 times I can start with 1 kick.

If he told you what the jets were, You would just go out and order your own jets.

The WB jet kit also has a modified AP diaphram and instructions for wire tying

the pump cams together to help eliminate bog... The WB kit worked flawlessly for me, 2 out of 3 times I can start with 1 kick.

Actually I would have bought his kit if they were ballpark with what I have already learned about the correct jets for my elevation. The price seemed reasonable and I plan on getting the pump cover and billet screw anyway. I have since learned the pump cover actually does nothing but get you disqualified from AMA stock class events.

Can anyone elaborate on tying the pump cams? I already ordered the JD jet kit, is there other parts I will need to make the bike run right? Thanks for all the great info TT is the best!

Also I have wired the a/p cam linkage which has gotten rid of most of the bog. Oh, this only takes about 10 minutes to do!

Thanks man, I couldnt say it better myself.

5150 clothing designs, Would you buy a mystery jet kit?

That is not the point do you think that if you call the people at JD jetting and ask them what is all in there jetting they will tell you. That way you can just go buy what you need and get the info from them for free.

Not that I am speaking from experience, but I would imagine the JD people would sell you with letting you know that their jets are cut a special way and that the kit comes with X amount of jets and charts to help you dial in your bike. Plus they have a help line. I'm all for someone making a buck, but I would just rather spend a couple of extra bucks and go with a product that has great testimony, and a company that has been around for awhile and stands behind their products.

The main problem with jetting kits is they used to serve a purpose. Especially in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. They would do all the R & D, the find the best combinations, then sell it to make a little bit of profit for their effort. Remember, the retailer also go a chunk. But now with the Internet and forums like this, where now we have access to a world wide R&D department, it makes those jetting kits obsolete. I remember waiting for a weekly issue of Cycle News just to find out the results on the Nationals. Now I can watch or listen to it live. I wouldn't call him a scammer, just someone who hasn't figured out the next step in the global moto economy.

The more info I have uncovered about jetting 150R the more I think the guys just a scammer that has put a guesstimated package together. First of all the QS2 pump cover does not do anything other than disqualify you from AMA stock class events, the air screw never needs adjusting once set right. I ordered the JD jet kit I think that along with wiring the a/p cam will have the bike right. Thanks everyone for your advise and opinions. Ride Long Ride Hard. Stay safe ?

so you bought the JD kit anyway , congrats, but why go post this guy up on a forum and talk shit , i mean c'mon maybe he did do a little research and figure out a good combo, and i dont blame him for not telling you what jets where in his kit . but for you to talk shit, i mean really get a life kid

so you bought the JD kit anyway , congrats, but why go post this guy up on a forum and talk shit , i mean c'mon maybe he did do a little research and figure out a good combo, and i dont blame him for not telling you what jets where in his kit . but for you to talk shit, i mean really get a life kid

First of all I am not a KID, my kid rides the bike. Second of all I am not talking **** I am merely informing the community that this may not be the best fix for the 150R since two of the components do absolutely nothing to fix the problem. Granted the guy probably played around for a couple of hours with some jets and decided this is the fix for the 150R. Now how do I (he) maximize my profits. Not the point, point is, buy from someone that will answer your questions and will be there for you after the sale. What would happen if you buy this kit and you blow up shortly afterward you think he is going to answer any of your questions then? ?

Hay REBELVENTURER i just noticed that every post on the first page (about 20) of this 150 forum you have responed to hahahah are you just a post whore or what? Come on now there is no need to bad mouth other prople trying to make a little money and in no way is he trying to rip anyone off. What you get from him in parts is worth what you are paying him for.

. . . . the air screw never needs adjusting once set right. ?

The fuel screw always need adjusting depending on the conditions. Air temp, humidity, elevation changes, sometimes going from morning, noon, and night. The people that have the ear for it and know what they're doing always make slight adjustments. I used change my whole jetting going from Elsinore to Saddleback. One track is on the windward side and the other on the leeward side of the hills.

i think ALL jet kits are a rip off take a few hours and do your home work at the track and you can make any bike run ok

If you know what you're doing and have the right parts, jetting can be as easy as spending a few hours. If you don't have the right parts, the tools, or experience to interpret results, then it's a guessing game that can take days or weeks. Some riders never can figure out if the pump is the problem, the needle, idle mixture, or just unrealisitc expectations.

What is your time worth?

Is internet advice from unknown people with no vested interest in your results worth listening to?

Do they consider your location, elevation, temperatures?

We can only give you our best estimate based on testing, development, and experience with a broad range of conditions.

--If your time and everyone else's time is worth nothing, then I guess all jet kits are a rip off.

--If you consider people actually dyno tuned the CRF150R, developed settings, designed needles specifically for the bike, had the parts custom machined just for the CRF150R, and then packaged them with standard factory main jets and instructions to make an improvement, then maybe there is a value to jet kits. The degree of value depends on your ability to tune, the quality of the parts at hand, and how you value your time.

Honda is the ONLY company to use the 33mm FCR-MX carburetor. There are not any "standard" aftermarket needles for the carburetor, just the few that Honda has chosen to make.

We have a money back guarantee, that if you're not satisfied, return the kit for a full refund.

The JD Jetting kit has -

2 custom machined multi-tapered needles (one is richer than the other)

#42 pilot jet

#135, 140, 145, and #150 main jets

Needle clip

2 O-rings for the accelerator pump linkage

We also have support by phone or email.

Thanks,

James

CRF150R on Dyno with Air/Fuel monitoring-

medium.jpg

Usual throttle marking for multiple throttle position runs-

medium.jpg

Example of multiple fixed throttle checks with air/fuel recordings-