Flywheel Weight for an 05 yz250

The guy at the local yamaha shop has been trying to push a flywheel weight and now i'm seriously considering it.

has anybody here tried it? My main goal is to keep the rear wheel from spinning... will the flywheel weight be the ticket or a waste of my money?

I've waited to purchase one because I am concerned with losing some top end power.......?

Man THEY ARE WORTH IT!!!! you want traction get it! I like the maxxis tires and my 13oz flywheel on my 94 yz250 helped a ton! And you can climb steep terrain easier, and start ups for me at least are much easier. The flywheel will also take the "hit" out of the power. The weight is designed to put ALL the power to the ground a.k.a better traction!

I just put the GYTR one on my 05 YZ250 and love it. It's 8 ounces. It doesn't rob anything. Just adds traction on the bottom. I had it a month before I broke down and installed it fearing it would make the motor feel lazy or flat on the bottom. I also love that explosive feel of the two stroke and didn't want to loose it. I would think that with the heaver weights you could find it becoming lazy on the bottom. Go with the lighter one. Once it's on you won't want to take it off!!!!!!

I've got the 11oz SFB FWW on my 06 YZ250, what an incredible difference. I'm a big guy, 225lbs, and the bike still has all the hit I need to clear obstacles right out of a corner, its just a lot more tractable power, especially in corners (less clutching) and on muddy or slippery tracks. The difference this made for my bike was amazing, alot less fatiguing to ride the bike in the low to mid range, with no loss of top end hit when I need it. Really simple to install as well. I'd highly recommend a FWW, and I'm very happy with the 11oz size.