Sign in to follow this  

Is it legal?

To ride in a big trailer (like a toyhauler) while on the road? Just wanted to know for future reference.

I don't know much about trailers, so could you explain what the difference between a "fifth wheel" and a regular toyhauler-type trailer is?

a fifth wheel are the trailers that connect to the inside of the bed

21_62.jpg

• Like 1

This is a pull behind, it pulls behind your truck with a simple ball hitch.

FS20EXTERIOR.jpg

This is a fith wheel, it conects to the inside of your bed.

08SL-billet-ext.jpg

Ohhh, thanks. Is the coupler in the truck bed removable?

Yes it is. It takes a few minutes to remove it but it can be done with the removal of a few pins.

Yeah, I didn't mean belted or not, I meant to ride at all, belted or not, in a trailer.

Oh and on last question, Why does it have to be a fifth wheel-type trailer to ride inside?

i think in cali you have to have communication and visual in the 5er.

i think in cali you have to have communication and visual in the 5er.

Agreed, in Cali you have to have two way radio communication with the driver

Also,

Wheelie Man, is it really worth it having a family member, friend, etc., back there, $hit happens ya know.

If it would only be one person, They would sit in the front with me. But we tend to bring a lot of people and the only way they could fit is in a trailer.

In an accident, you are probably no safer in a 5th wheel or tow-behind than you are in the RV style. You'll still be flung around inside. The difference is how easily the trailer becomes unhitched from the truck. Tow behinds probably come unhitched easier than the 5th wheels.

That being said, I would probably sit in the back without hesitation (as long as I am the one hitching the vehicle to know it's done right).

We did all the time growing up, riding in the fifth wheel to the camp spot. But it does get hot in there. Couple of my friends would get car sick. I thought it was a blast.

• Like 1

fith wheel only and you have to maintain contact with the truck at ALL times...like a radio/walky talky....

i heard you could if you were a horse and it was a horse trailer... that's just what i heard (budump ching!)

All i know is that monster trucks drive through trailers but over cars..what would you rather be in when in a collision?

• Like 1