Tis I, Mitch....

G'day all,

Yes, I am real. AS real as a glimmer of hope at the end of a long ride. As real as that wet dream you all had last night. As real as a cloud of dust that suddenly appears and then fades in the distance. Real, define it, understand it and make life of it. When that is done, I will appear... :)

I LOVE hearing all the MOAB stories so far. They have been absolutely fabulous! Even today, I still feel that empty feeling in my tummy or dissapointment and failure for not making it to Moab. Although, Eli and I were planning a trip to Glammis for Thanks Giving. He would much prefer going to MOAB.

Another puzzle, another experiment?

Mitchy,

I know you gave it your best shot. Alisa and my kids were bummed you couldn't make it. They wanted to hear the stories!

Next time, Pal!! :)

Hey Kev,

Thanks mate. Sounds like you had a great time. Was your bike really that badly damaged after the trip? I have ridden in the desert before and have never known of a bike receiving so much damage. Did you fall on your head or something? :)

Tell me, was it the trip of a lifetime? The reason I ask is that Eli is very interested in getting out there.

Mitch

No Mitch,

My bike is fine. I got a litttle $hit and some raised eyebrows on how clean it looked. It looked like I never rode it, which in reality is kind of true. With all my on-going house repairs and all the unbelievable rain we have had here in NH, plus I have no where to ride short of 1 hour away. My bike was cherry but now it's cherry is popped!

I was out walking my property yesterday trying to visualize my MX track I intend to build. Due to my neighbor's, I'll have to end up getting a quiet tip insert for my Stroker silencer though.

Having never ridden ANYTHING like Moab, it was a ride of a lifetime. To coin the others, it was like riding on the moon. I am truly sorry you missed it Mitch.

BTW, there was no "Partying" after a days ride. By the time we were through riding and showered (for those that showered!) it was after 9pm. Dinner was between 9 & 10pm. The Helmet Cam was plugged into the TV and the day's ride reviewed by everybody. I was recovering from a terrible week of midshift at work and had a real tough time staying awake. That plus I was breathing thin air. One night I was up until midnight, otherwise it was between 10 and 10:30pm that my body Just said NO, and I crashed.

GOOD TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

------------------

99 WZ, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards. Canada for 2001...???

Mitch,

We missed you in Moab. Not to worry there will be many more trips. Give me a holler next time you're in the area and we'll get some mexican food!

So there I was at the freight company uncrating a WR belonging to a guy I’d never met, and I finally get a good look at it – What do I do? I call Bryan immediately! “Hey you know what? This guy never rides! His plastic is perfect! They’re no dents in the frame! His stickers are even perfect! – HE MUST BE A ROOKIE!” :)

Glad you proved us all wrong!

Jake

Jake,

Give me an MX track and I can show you I am a little more worthy there, than in Moab.

Also, could you send me your home address to my (home) e-mail address? I want to send you (and Bry) something "Real Special!".

Yeah, we knew Kevin wasn't a rookie when he got into the sand and squared the corners like on an MX track. Pretty entertaining to watch actually and it taught me a few things.

Bryan...

Bryan I have a little different perspective on Kevin's MX antics in the sand..... I was BEHIND him in that crap on Poison Spider/Gold Bar & had the pleasure of eating his roost. Wasn't really fair - I couldn't pass him to return the favor - something about me weighing more than the displacement of my wife's XR250, go figure. Although, I think I'm the only one that didn't chew up a rear tire on the slickrock - 250cc thumpers just don't have the guts to spit knobs :)

Brian

Yeah Brian, I ate my share too! I'm tooling along, digging a trench, minding my own business, when all of a sudden this little guy flys past and squares off a corner throwing pounds of red powdery sand in my face! I hit the gas to catch him and dig a deeper trench. Serves me right for riding without goggles and watching the scenery!

And you can usually tell an MX guy on those drop offs. A 4 foot drop means nothing to them accept they can't quite pull off a nac-nac - not enough air time! :)

Jake

I don't know Jake.

Kevins wrist and shoulder injuries are possible evidence of a failed nac nac attempt?

Bryan...

I'm afraid to think of the other possible cause of the wrist injury. Didn't he say something about 'premature'?

Brian

Hey, what can I say. I HAVE NEVER failed to make MYSELF happy!! :)