Capitol Forest, WA?

Hello,

My buds and I have recently started riding (again). We're strong beginners at this point, and looking to try out Capitol Forest. I'm scoping the map, and the place is massive. What's a good area, that isn't just a gravel forest road, for some newer riders to take a spin on? I don't want something totally boring, but we won't be hopping logs at this point with much success.

I'd appreciate any suggestions and advice on the best access points and camping combinations. Also, do the campgrounds fill up on weekends? Should we go early?

Thanks.

TRK

Lots of pretty good trail there. You can ride most / all of it in a weekend. Nothing real challenging there.

Good riding, wont be bad for begginers, its all atv track so nice and wide trails, middle waddel is a good trails to start with. If its rainy put spikes in your tires so you can get at least a smidge of traction.

I like the Middle Waddell to Rock Candy run. A bit of a challenge, but nothing that you can't handle. I'd take my wife on it and she is a real novice beginner. It would just take 2 days for her to finish :thumbsup:

as far as the camping...middle waddell is excellent. very wooded private spots. they probably do fill early on summer weekends so go early.

Joe

I just went to Capitol Forest for the first time last weekend and it was pretty fun. It had rained hard the night before we went so there were several large mud puddles throughout that proved to be rather interesting at times. The one complaint I had was the large number of annoying campground cowboys at the middle waddell staging area/parking lot. There were about 10-12 guys and gals there who pretty much just hung out in the parking lot all day and rode around in circles doing wheelies and just racing back and forth. Besides it being really annoying there were several little kids roaming around that were really at risk of being run down by these morons. I wonder if those guys realize they're the ones who are getting our riding areas shut down or if they just don't care.

In any case, the weekend was fun and as it was my first ride in Washington I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Hello,

My buds and I have recently started riding (again). We're strong beginners at this point, and looking to try out Capitol Forest. I'm scoping the map, and the place is massive. What's a good area, that isn't just a gravel forest road, for some newer riders to take a spin on? I don't want something totally boring, but we won't be hopping logs at this point with much success.

I'd appreciate any suggestions and advice on the best access points and camping combinations. Also, do the campgrounds fill up on weekends? Should we go early?

Thanks.

TRK

Stage out of the Middle Waddel Creek staging area, just a 1/4 mile from the Middle Waddel Creek Campground. Nice parking lot, access to traisl right there. Can be busy at times though.

Toy Tech or anyone who knows,

Is the 1/4 mile of road you mention between the Middle Waddel Creek Campground and the trail head open to ORV use or do you have to trailer your bikes from the campground every time you want to ride? Also, do you know if the campground can accommodate bigger toy haulers?

you can ride right from the campground.keep in mind cap forrest doesnt open until may 1st for orv use in the trail system.ive seen some pretty big land yachts in there in the past.pretty sure you could shoehorn just about any trailer in to most of the campsites.

i seem to remember it posted as 26 ft max, but i have had my 33 ft class A in there before.

Joe

I thought Capital wasn't opening until May 1st?

Little Jeff

IT ISNT.this is a old thread with some new posts.