Alessi at Red Bud!

I have never been a big fan nor a hater of Mike Alessi.

But lately he has been pretty entertaining and seems to be coming into his own.

I had to laugh at the FIRST LAP at Red Bud, Mike pulls the hole shot and lead over the leap with a big fist pump to the crowd:applause:

He knew he wouldn't be there long and I thought it was classic.

And at the Indy supercross this year he rolled himself up in a turn, sat up and cheered the crowd on:applause:

He seems to be having fun and I wouldn't mind seeing him finishing on the podium more often.

I know there are plenty of people that don't care for him, but is he changing that with his obvious better attitude?

And do you think his recent speed is this track only or will he continue to be strong?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is making an attempt to salvage some sort of fan base in the 450 class before RV and the others move up. He isn't a bad kid. He is, unfortunately, a product if his father's retarded sense of how his career should go. If he got away from his father, he would be way better off...

i've never liked him because i can't stand egotistical/disrespectful people......i've enjoyed seeing him in this slump......always nice when an idiot gets put in his place......with that being said.....i was very impressed with his red bud ride (supposedly they switched to the EURO/GP suspension) and since RC wont be at unadilla i'm hoping he can mix it up with bubba for half the race or so just to put some excitement into the 450 motos.....doubt it though.....

I think he is making an attempt to salvage some sort of fan base in the 450 class before RV and the others move up. He isn't a bad kid. He is, unfortunately, a product if his father's retarded sense of how his career should go. If he got away from his father, he would be way better off...

Completely agreed. I think there is a way to guide your kid's talent without all the 'Believe the hype' bullsh*t. I think they're both good kids, and it's impressive to watch them ride.

He's had a steep learning curve, but he's coming around. I still can't go very far without thinking about his take out move a couple years ago, though. I would like to think that we could chalk that one up to the pressure laid upon him (from Daddy, sponsors, combination thereof, etc.), but who knows?

So it's unanimous..... He NEEDS to get away from dear old dad!!! He has been riding much better lately. Maybe it is the GP suspension. I also think that, unfortunately, him and Jeff have to get away from the both of us or nothing deal they have got going. I know they are brothers, but at some point they have to do their own thing. Mike was always faster, and I think that is holding him back somewhat....

I didn't get a chance to talk to Mike in the pits at Redbud, but I did talk to Jeff. He seemed like a cool kid. I'd like to see Mike come into his own and get out from under his dad's control.

I am not a big fine of Mike but I have to admitt Jeff seems like a pretty good kid. I spoke to him before and he was genuinely nice. He was also good to my son.

That KTM 450 ROLLS OUT!!!? I think that might be the fastest bike in the class. I was watching him all weekend ride - he was hitting the leap inside line almost letting off the gas on the lip. I think that bike is a big reason why he is doing so well. And I'm a yamaha guy.?

That KTM 450 ROLLS OUT!!!? I think that might be the fastest bike in the class. I was watching him all weekend ride - he was hitting the leap inside line almost letting off the gas on the lip. I think that bike is a big reason why he is doing so well. And I'm a yamaha guy.?

ya in the race tho ive noticed he cased it a couple times pretty bad lol

That KTM 450 ROLLS OUT!!!? I think that might be the fastest bike in the class. I was watching him all weekend ride - he was hitting the leap inside line almost letting off the gas on the lip. I think that bike is a big reason why he is doing so well. And I'm a yamaha guy.:busted:

after ONE good race you think his bike is the fastest?????

Mike Allessi is a young guy, he has alot of years ahead of him to not only improve his attitude, but his riding as well, he is the kind of guy that will get factory rides over others. Every one knows him, and the skills he has, and in time, he will continue to get better. I was really impressed with his ride, and if i pulled a holey over 39 other pros. I would give a fist pump to the crowd, Hell yea i would.