RPM range?

Yes I seached for this but I cant find the rev celing on the X anywhere....? Anyone know?

I think it is 10,500 actually that is where my rev limiter comes in to play.

9500 with the pink wire connected and 10500 without my tach also verifies this.

Power signs off at around 8k, keep that in mind when your bouncing off the limiter.

Revs don't matter much, you shift when the engine stops pulling.

450X is super nice to ride because the gear ratios are about perfect and it has a long rev range. That translates into being able to stay in the meat of the power band with fewer shifts. If you're hitting the rev limiter frequently something is wrong. I hit it on rare occassion and it is a mistake when I do IME

Love the power range as well and I to have bounced off the rev limiter once or twice. oops. I actually was asking because I need to set the HEY DUMB A**, TIME TO SHIFT light on my new Vapor. Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

Revs don't matter much, you shift when the engine stops pulling.

This is why i added a 6th-7th gear to my bike

I was curious as well...I just got my Vapor hooked up and was admiring the bar graph tach go up and down.

Now if it ever stops raining here, I'll take her on the trails. 20 days straight...but it's still bloody hot.:thumbsup:

I was curious as well...I just got my Vapor hooked up and was admiring the bar graph tach go up and down.

Now if it ever stops raining here, I'll take her on the trails. 20 days straight...but it's still bloody hot.:thumbsup:

you know i was excited about that also, but when i ride the last thing i consider looking at is the damn computer or any of the lights for that matter when its time to shift. you know if i could get a heads up display to reflect a red led into the back of my goggles to tell me to shif it might be usefull but like others have said you pretty much know when to shift.

*the pinkwire mod just adds about 500 rpm to the current limit(so the final limit is around 10,000). it is quite useless since the bike's power tops off at around 8,000 RPM

*take a look at these 450x dyno charts with and without the pink wire:

final rev limit

http://www.pbase.com/jdjetting1/image/61896088

hp and torque differences (notice that after 8K rpm that the power drops. so revving to 10K rpm is useless!) 10k RPM is very stressful on the engine and will affect its longevity

http://www.pbase.com/jdjetting1/image/61896090

I never hit the limiter except once when I was speed testing it on a road in fifth gear. I usually shift at about 7-8 grand and even there it almost makes my ears bleed :thumbsup:

my max on my vapor is 10,090 and that is from my dyno run. This is without the pink wire mod that is talked about

I certainly dont miss the heat in Texas but the flash floods on the guadalupe were always a spectical.

I certainly dont miss the heat in Texas but the flash floods on the guadalupe were always a spectical.

If I can't go riding, I can always go tubing!:thumbsup:

move to the most western side of texas if you dont like rain :thumbsup: 7 inches a yr over here