Cannondale Idle Adjustment

I first just wanna say thanks to everyone for getting me in the right direction to get my bike running. It's running good now but the idle is not fast enough and wants to die. I would like to know in detail how to get the idle screw and set it a little bit faster. THANKS

There is a black knob on top of the throttle body. Use both hands reach in with two fingers while running and adjust slowly until you get the desired rpm. You want it set around 2K. Some like it at 2100 and others at 1900.

I had the same problem, but the when turning the thottle adjusting screw the black knob just spun on the screw. I had to crack the throttle a little to take the spring pressure off of the adjustment screw.

I had the same problem, but the when turning the thottle adjusting screw the black knob just spun on the screw. I had to crack the throttle a little to take the spring pressure off of the adjustment screw.

I never had that problem. My auto choke was intermittant for a few rides until I took it apart and clean it. So during that time I was always trying to find a happy medium and adjusting the idle almost every time I stopped and idled the bike. As mentioned I would get off the bike, use a finger from each hand and spin the adjustment a little and adjust it by ear back to normal. It was tough but doable. But the best way is to use the DM Kit of course.

Also there was a hex code update to improve the idle. The ignition trigger sensor could get confused and the computer would revert back to the stock settings. Since it is a x440s, it might not have the latest hex flashed in the computer. A simple fix.