Sign in to follow this  

New TC510 suspension question.

Thanks for looking. I just got my 06'TC510 and was wondering if it would be wise to let my local and very popular suspension hero (who has never done a modern Husky) try to set it up for me for harescrambles and woods riding, or if I should send it to someone who specializes in Huskys? I'll be going way beyond setting the sag btw. Thanks for any advice.

Ride it for several hours and miles. Play with the sag yourself first as that might be all that is needed depending on your weight, riding ability, terrain, etc.. If not satisfied, box it up and send it to FBF.

Two day turn around and have a phone number handy as they will call you while setting it up.

Both our 06 TC 510s (as well as our 05 TE 510 and 07 TC 450) needed revalving in front and back and new spring in back as well to get them right.

Steny

Thanks for looking. I just got my 06'TC510 and was wondering if it would be wise to let my local and very popular suspension hero (who has never done a modern Husky) try to set it up for me for harescrambles and woods riding, or if I should send it to someone who specializes in Huskys? I'll be going way beyond setting the sag btw. Thanks for any advice.

There is nothing unique about the huskys internal design, a good suspension guy should know what direction to go with it. FBF or FC would be the choice but if you have a local guy you trust do it as least if it is not what you were looking for he is local so it is quick and no additional shipping costs.

There is nothing unique about the huskys internal design, a good suspension guy should know what direction to go with it. FBF or FC would be the choice but if you have a local guy you trust do it as least if it is not what you were looking for he is local so it is quick and no additional shipping costs.

Actually its quite unique. The 50mm zok 2 chambers don't look like other designs. I definitely wouldn't take it to my local bike shop. And only a local tuner if they have seen it before. Or can tell you where they down loaded the manual from :thumbsup:

It doesn't matter how long you break those forks in the oil level is too high for offroad and the high speed comp is too stiff. What worked really well for me was to install the aircell subtanks, if you don't want to jump right into a revalve. the additional air chamber really makes for a plusher ride.

The forks do have a lot of stiction as well. Most of it on the cartridge rod. The double seal has a ton of drag on it. This is what i beleive gets smoother over time.

-good luck

Thanks guys. If I have good success, I'll post how we did it.

MX Tech did my 06 TC450, replaced a blow off valve with a custom mid valve. It will be a mess stock, mine was awful. Too harsh/firm on high speed, too soft on low speed and that mid valve would release the forks on every hit and bottom the tire into the fender everywhere. The 06 big TC forks are a mess stock, my arms & hands would hurt for days after riding. With the MX Tech mods I thought it was a little stiff till I picked up the pace, very good match for me and MX, plush and controlled, takes big and small hits very well. Good luck if your going in blind. I tried breaking them in, sorry I waited to revalve, they can hurt you as they sit.