ttr125 CRACKED FRAME !!!!! opinions???

Hey, As I was installing my new yz85 shock that has been revalved by Pro Action with a three stage valving system, and 5.4 race tech shock spring I noticed I had a cracked frame!!!?

This crack occured right above the motor mount near the middle of the frame. On the weld where the main tube is welded to the 2 tubes that split out. This is at the hieght the middle of the shock would be.

I think I will be having it rewelded and strengthened. Hopefully this week.

What would everyone suggest I do to strengthen it so it wont happen again???

Where all did you have yours strengthened socalxr???

Please note this bike has the yz85 front and rear conversions with rear disk brakes. Thanks in advance.?

Hey, As I was installing my new yz85 shock that has been revalved by Pro Action with a three stage valving system, and 5.4 race tech shock spring I noticed I had a cracked frame!!!?

This crack occured right above the motor mount near the middle of the frame. On the weld where the main tube is welded to the 2 tubes that split out. This is at the hieght the middle of the shock would be.

I think I will be having it rewelded and strengthened. Hopefully this week.

What would everyone suggest I do to strengthen it so it wont happen again???

Where all did you have yours strengthened socalxr???

Please note this bike has the yz85 front and rear conversions with rear disk brakes. Thanks in advance.?

Mine was also cracked in the same spot-where the two tubes split from one behind the motor, and head down to the peg mounts.

I welded and gusseted mine with some plate steel. Took a while to do the cut-check-cut-check thing, but I think it was worth it.

No problems since.

I'm about to begin building a second and third TTR's (this one is the Mrs, and I want one I dont' have to share, and the kid is growing out of her XR80), and on mine, the first thing I plan to do, is strip it to the bare frame, and begin adding gussets to brace the frame junctions.