Zachary Wachs, 18, Dies at Crow Canyon

Teen dies in dirt bike accident

UHRICHSVILLE – An accidental collision at Crow Canyon Raceway at 4466 Belden Dr. SE, Uhrichsville, has claimed the life of Zachary Wachs, 18, of Madison, according to Tuscarawas County sheriff deputies.

On Sunday about 5:30 p.m., Wachs was riding his dirt bike with friends when his cycle hit a tractor on the track, Deputy Chris Anderson reported.

Anderson said before the tractor driver went on the track to plow, flaggers told Wachs and his friends to get off of it. The tractor driver saw no one on the track and then began preparing it. As the driver was going up a hill, Anderson said, Wachs came “flying over it” and the collision occurred.

No criminal charges will be pressed because the collision was an accident, Anderson said.

Operators of the raceway had no comment.

Man such a tragic accident. If the newspaper account of the accident is accurate, I still must wonder why some people do not heed the warnings to leave the track. This is horrible!

I will add Zach's name to the "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial list of riders. I wish this list would stop growing.

May the Wach family find some type of comfort in this painful time. Please let me know if I may be of some assistance to the Wachs family.

In Sympathy,

Mike Berg

Thank you for adding Zach's name, he was truly a wonderful young man loved and missed by all. This has been a nightmare for the family. if anyone was at crow canyon on 7/1/07 and has any information please pass it on. The family thanks you for your condolences.