hare scramble

i recently raced in my first hare scramble. I had a blast, didnt do all that well but i had fun. Some of the guys i raced were amazing, i wanna know what i need to do to be faster, techniques and tips and stuff. Thanks

well...what do u ride on?? like ur trails do u ride 4 wheeler wide or singletrack?? mostly work on ur endurence and stay focused. and find somebody thats faster than u and ride with them. and the more u ride the more ur gonna be able to control ur back through the turns. like sliding in and dump the clutch coming out of the turn. good luck with the racing

yes the best thing is to ride with someone who is faster than you and just watch them and pay attention to their lines. AND STAND UP

shane watts video "dirtwise" is a great instructional video. he gives some good riding excercises that you can do without alot of land that really help your balance, throttle/clutch control.

i recently raced in my first hare scramble. I had a blast, didnt do all that well but i had fun. Some of the guys i raced were amazing, i wanna know what i need to do to be faster, techniques and tips and stuff. Thanks

i know i still feel that way about most of the guys i race "against". Im no good at racing (i love it to death but im being honest here) but i can tell you its all experience. almost all of the guys that are sweet have been riding since they could walk and either have private tracks or live 5 minutes down the road from one

I agree that experience (seat time) is #1, but talent is a big part of it as well. To be better/faster; ride more, ride harder, and ride longer- in all conditions if possible. If you can find 1 or 2 faster guys to ride with, go for it. Trying to keep up makes it easier to push harder.

Follow someone till you can't anymore and follow someone else. When you catch someone pass them and latch onto someone faster than yourself. Practice braking hard useing the front brake.

Set your suspension up properly.

Cher'o,

Dwight

hey thanks a lot guys, ill let you know how my next race goes