Nissan Titan

My brother just bought a brand new Nissan Titan quad cab 4x4 loaded to the max. Awesome truck. Tons of power, sits up high, smooth ride, big as heck, very roomy and easy to drive. Nissan really hit the nail on the head with this truck. I myself will only buy from "The Big 3", but Nissan done a great job with this truck.

My brother just bought a brand new Nissan Titan quad cab 4x4 loaded to the max. Awesome truck. Tons of power, sits up high, smooth ride, big as heck, very roomy and easy to drive. Nissan really hit the nail on the head with this truck. I myself will only buy from "The Big 3", but Nissan done a great job with this truck.

Big 3 is Toyota, GM and Ford, in that order. ?

I myself will only buy from "The Big 3", but Nissan done a great job with this truck.

You're a Big 3 guy and thats fine, but why do you think so many guys bash on the Nissan Titan? You drove one, and seemed to think it was a good truck...

I have an 05 Titan and wouldn't trade it for any other full size half ton. It was $10000 cheaper out the door than any of the big three (or four) comparably equipped. And it's made in Canton Mississippi.

Big 3 is Toyota, GM and Ford, in that order. ?

Shortly to be Toyota, GM, Chrysler.

Next year it could be Toyota, Chrysler, GM. How in the world could GM's sales drop -24% in June with all new trucks and SUVs? They need to get a handle on this. I would hate to see them go under.

The Titan is a really nice truck. It hasn't got the traction in the US market that it deserves.

Next year it could be Toyota, Chrysler, GM. How in the world could GM's sales drop -24% in June with all new trucks and SUVs? They need to get a handle on this. I would hate to see them go under.

Agreed. I like the looks of the new Chevrolet, but that just one opinion I guess.

a 24% drop is repulsive. GM will survive, and be an even better builder. They will become stronger from this.

a 24% drop is repulsive. GM will survive, and be an even better builder. They will become stronger from this.

I wouldn't bet on this. Unless the government steps in bankruptcy is inevitable.

Their cost per vehicle for health care and retirement benefits continues to go up. This is exacerbated by a drop in total units. Toyota's rebates will force GM to increase rebates on their trucks. Trucks are the only high margin bright spot in their portfolio. They cannot afford their margins to disappear in this segment. It's unclear what GM's potential total debt is but with their share of GMAC it could be in the $300B+ range. This of course will ultimately be impossible to service, much less pay back.

The frightening wild card is imports from China. Already Toyota is taking preemptive action to control labor and supplier costs. Frankly I believe that Toyota may very well start moving production out of the US because of the labor costs. Already there is noise that Toyota may start moving Tacoma production away from the UAW NUMMI plant to Mexico. Chrysler just signed a deal with Chery Automotive in China to build their small cars. GM is having the Koreans build their small car (Aveo). It's debatable GM is making anything on them. Even the Korean nameplates won't be able to compete if and when the Chinese get their act together.

Think about this for a minute, if Toyota is concerned about the future and the competition, where do you think that puts GM, Ford and Chrysler?

GM may well thrive outside the US but I think GMNA is history, they just don't realize it yet. No company can continue to survive selling products at a greater and greater loss.

I almost bought a Titan last year. It's a great truck.

But I still think my Silverado is easier to drive, gets better mileage, and has quieter interior noise levels, among a few other things. I like my '04 Chevy, I like the exterior styling a lot better than the newest generation.

I would hope that GM doesn't let itself get booted right out of the market, but I don't know enough about the situation to comment.

The Titan is a really nice truck. It hasn't got the traction in the US market that it deserves.

Just got to drive my brother's new (149 miles on the odo) 07 Chev Silverado Ext cab Z71 with a 5.3L, and can understand why GM's sales are down-the truck felt like a POS plastic bottle, and squeaked, rattled, and overall was not impressive.

Granted, he paid $26k OTD including sprayed in bedliner, soft tonneau, nerf bars, mudflaps, moon visor and bug deflector, but I don't care how cheap it was, I thought the quality was disgusting.

Maybe he got a quitting time Friday truck.?

Just got to drive my brother's new (149 miles on the odo) 07 Chev Silverado Ext cab Z71 with a 5.3L, and can understand why GM's sales are down-the truck felt like a POS plastic bottle, and squeaked, rattled, and overall was not impressive.

Granted, he paid $26k OTD including sprayed in bedliner, soft tonneau, nerf bars, mudflaps, moon visor and bug deflector, but I don't care how cheap it was, I thought the quality was disgusting.

Maybe he got a quitting time Friday truck.:cheers:

I have been accused of being a "backwards, clueless, know nothing biased Chevy lover"

? :busted::bonk:

You're a Big 3 guy and thats fine, but why do you think so many guys bash on the Nissan Titan? You drove one, and seemed to think it was a good truck...

Guys that bash on the Titan/Tundra have probably never driven one and just make stuff up. They were probably raised on a certain make (Ford, Dodge, Chevy) and feel that foreign trucks are a threat to America and/or the original big 3. This was just my opinion.

A big part of that is all the issues the debut truck had. Consumer reports rates the reliability of the Titan as much below average. First year trucks had serious brake issues which is exactly what a full size truck doesn't need.

It will take some time for that bad taste to leave peoples mouths.

Having said that, if I were to buy a truck it would be a Dodge or Titan.

Greg

Maybe he got a quitting time Friday truck.?

Im a Chevrolet fan, and Im not saying this just to stand up fot GM, but I have to say I like the 03-06 body style more then the new 07 but its growing on me more and more each day, plus I find the quality is higher at least in the LT+ models then the 03-06 models, my dad has a new 07 and man it rides smooth and with a 150 dollar computer tune it really wakes the truck up, its just these trucks are loaded with all kind of torque management crap from the company which sucks but it is easily removed, most people just dont know it. Also my dads truck doesnt squeak at all, I find this with any vehicle no matter the make some will squeak and rattle no matter how many times it gets fixed while others will never do it which is weird

A big part of that is all the issues the debut truck had. Consumer reports rates the reliability of the Titan as much below average. First year trucks had serious brake issues which is exactly what a full size truck doesn't need.

It will take some time for that bad taste to leave peoples mouths.

Having said that, if I were to buy a truck it would be a Dodge or Titan.

Greg

I just bought a 2007 Nissan Titan 4x2 Crew Cab for $19,500 OTD after manufacturers $5000 rebate. I'll let you know how I like it. I didn't even bother to test the Dodge since riding in them with the BLM proved to be not fun. I test drove the F150 and cut my hand trying to adjust the steering wheel. The F150s interior just seemed slammed together. The new silverado was also tested but its ride and handling couldn't compare to the Titan. I wish the Titan had a bit better mileage but I only drive 6000 miles per year so the point is moot.

when Toyota comes out with a diesel engine 2500HD truck they will dominate the truck market.But for now NOTHING can compare to the Duramax/Allison combination for pulling.Thats my opinion so please dont bash me,for i have not siad or will not say anything negative about FORD OR DODGE.I feel that all of the new trucks are state of the art technology and i actually like all of the new trucks.Iam actually waiting on my next truck so if Toyota comes out with a hd/diesel combo i am all over it