Sign in to follow this  

06 or 07 JD jet kit

Is anyone using this jet kit on there 06 or better yet there 07? I normaly buy this kit for my bikes but I had a bad experience with this kit in my 07 YZ450F. So before I buy it I would like some feedback. Thank you!

i have it in my 07, worked wonders during the winter when i got it

and after some testing of needles and included jets i found it worked awesome during the summer too

it is worth the $, no bog,popping,crappy response or anything anymore

you should also pick up a pro circuit or similar fuel screw for easy and quick adjustments

i have it in my 07, worked wonders during the winter when i got it

and after some testing of needles and included jets i found it worked awesome during the summer too

it is worth the $, no bog,popping,crappy response or anything anymore

you should also pick up a pro circuit or similar fuel screw for easy and quick adjustments

What jetting are you running then for the summer? Is it what JD supplied?

I've also got the JD kit in my '07, and liked it in the winter. But summer's here now and I just rejetted before the last ride; red needle in 2nd clip, 42 pilot, 170 main, stock leak jet, AP o-ring'd, and between 1-3/4 to 2 turns on the fuel screw. I was riding 3000-7000 elevation, low humidity, 70-95 degrees F. It seemed like it still might've been a tad rich. I'll know better how much I like this as a summer baseline when I get out again to my local areas at lower elev.

Every bike I put a JD kit on I was happy with and any problem I ever had they helped me with.

My 07 WR250 runs really good but since very few people run a stock WR it takes some experimenting to get right.