plug?

my friend already posted this in the CRF250R forum, but will my bike run right with a CR8E sparkplug? when he bought his 07 YZF, the dealer gave him spare plugs and i am gonna get one off him if my bike will run right.. any help would be appreciated!!

I'm not sure what plug you bike calls for, but be careful. On NGK plugs, the lower the number the hotter the plug. The wrong plug (too hot) could cause pre ignition. I think the R stands for resistor, which if it's incorrect, it may damage you igntion system. Could be wrong, but don't chance it.

yeah i didnt want to thats why i was asking.....i think im just gonna drop by the dealer and get the expensive as hell stock plug to be on the safe side

save yourself any trouble, get the recommended plug, expensive or not...

no reason in chancing something like that. hit up the dealer

what do you consider expensive? the cr8e's i buy are like 5 bucks. the one for my 2smoker is like 12!! now thats expensive.

There are a couple of NGK plugs that are around $25. I think the CRF250R uses one of them.

i had an 03 rm125 and that thing used an NGK r6918b-8...... and it was 30 bucks!:thumbsup:

what do you consider expensive? the cr8e's i buy are like 5 bucks. the one for my 2smoker is like 12!! now thats expensive.

im considering the stock plug expensive......i couldve got a CR8E plug for free off my buddy with an 07 YZ250F

but anyways ive got a stock plug now so it doesnt really matter