Sign in to follow this  

R&D powerbowl for bog

I have read alot about this bog and we race every week. with that I would like to say that we are at 3000 ft and have tried everything to get rid of the bog ,dads can adjust and ride the bike but when the kid gets on it ,everything the dad did can change because of the weight difference between father and son. I talked to a engine perfprmance co at the track and they told me to use the powerbowl from R&D racing for 2 reasons #1 THE BOG #2 THE SLOSHING PROBLEM THESE BIKE HAVE WHILE RACING THROUGH ROUGH STUFF!! I called them and ordered the bowl and we put it on the bike made some minor adjustment and the bike can holeshot a 125 two stroke easy. this bowl has a awsome fuel pump and a adjustable leak jet (in the stock bowl that is the problem w/ the bog) so with that we now have a confident rider and no bog and no miss in the bike through the rough stuff ( sloshing problem) so dads if it runs good with you on it ,that does not mean it will run good with the rider on it . ride beside the bike with you son riding it to see what is doing because most 8 to 12 year old don't know how these 4 strokes should run . Go to R&D Racing for more info!! it is like putting fuel injection on the bike !! thanks # 615,s dad http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/mxbrandon/Home.aspx [/url]

Whats the difference in the two float bowls? I went to the link you posted but none of the buttons worked. And I did not really see a difference. Not that there isnt a difference I just didnt see it. Have you wired the cam on the accelerator pump? That made a big difference on my sons bike!

no I don't have the cam on the ap wired, he sent a heavier spring in the kit . the bowl is alot different than the stock bowl you have to remove the leak jet and with this bowl it has a adjustable leak jet. I thought it was alot of money but when i move my son up to the big bike I can take this bowl off of his 150 and put it on his 250f. We race and it made a big difference in the bike performance.

The real reason the four stroke is so much more critical to carb. settings than a two stroke is, the four stroke does not have a fuel sump/reservoir, the crankcase of a two stroke holds a substantial volume of air/fuel. This excess volume of air/fuel charge, masks over intermittent lean conditions.

The four stroke on the other hand has no such reservoir, each individual intake cycle provides every bit of air/fuel for the next power cycle.

This is the reason intermittent lean moments are so noticeable (bog). Excessively lean air/fuel ratios will not ignite with a conventional spark plug design.

The CRF carbs have at least three different design flaws, each one is more than capable of inducing the lean condition previously mentioned. Hard landings, negative G's and fast throttle input, just to mention a few, are more than enough to expose the short comings of the current CRF carb design.

The R&D Power Bowl, is designed to address all the problem areas of the

CRF carb. The adjustable leak jet is a popular feature, but it is only a convince for ease of tuning. The real improvements are built into the

bowl and pump cavity. It is designed to purge out the air pocket that build

up in the pump chamber, the air pocket dampens the effect of the diaphragm,

causing a lag in throttle response.

For more details on the design, click the link below.

http://www.randdracing.com/cart.php?...ct_detail&p=45

We have been running the RandD float bowl for 2 months now, we are really happy with the product, customer support is everything, you can call Dean and he will call you back ASAP and help you through it and answer questions all day long, thats customer service. I highly recommend the RandD rear linkage for you MXers, the linkage lets the rear end soak up the rough stuff.

Yea, I have one too.. The adjustable accelerator pump feature is the best tuning idea for a 4-stroke ever. I was about to get a machinist to modify my stock bowl for this before the Powerbowl hit the market.

I sometimes vary 3500 feet of altitude during a ride (Northern New Mexico), and one conclusion I came to was that the fuel screw and the accelerator pump settings were the most important jetting circuits on a single track trail ride, or race.

The needle has a huge range for altitude, and you hardly see the main jet in those situations. But when the accelerator pump goes rich, no adjusting of the fuel screw can fix that. Then I would find myself 10,000 feet up, with a bike that was rich as hell everytime I touched the throttle. Not what you want on a 250f when you're at a 25% power loss (@10,000 ft.)

Now I've spent a soild year tuning out the bog from my yz250f, but the r&d bowl has made that even better. And Dean has an accelerator actuator/pilot jet set up that freakin works! You'll have to ask him for the details on that.

Eric.

Yea, I have one too.. The adjustable accelerator pump feature is the best tuning idea for a 4-stroke ever. I was about to get a machinist to modify my stock bowl for this before the Powerbowl hit the market.

I sometimes vary 3500 feet of altitude during a ride (Northern New Mexico), and one conclusion I came to was that the fuel screw and the accelerator pump settings were the most important jetting circuits on a single track trail ride, or race.

The needle has a huge range for altitude, and you hardly see the main jet in those situations. But when the accelerator pump goes rich, no adjusting of the fuel screw can fix that. Then I would find myself 10,000 feet up, with a bike that was rich as hell everytime I touched the throttle. Not what you want on a 250f when you're at a 25% power loss (@10,000 ft.)

Now I've spent a soild year tuning out the bog from my yz250f, but the r&d bowl has made that even better. And Dean has an accelerator actuator/pilot jet set up that freakin works! You'll have to ask him for the details on that.

Eric.

Thanks Eric, for the positive feed back!:thumbsup:

Is this strictly a "Bolt on" product or are there jetting changes required as well? If my bike is running close with my current jetting then I should be able to just bolt this on and get a better response??

Is this strictly a "Bolt on" product or are there jetting changes required as well? If my bike is running close with my current jetting then I should be able to just bolt this on and get a better response??

That is correct, the Power Bowl and pump chamber are designed to control the air that finds its way to critical areas, at the worst possible time.

i to have installed two of Dean's bowels on 150's and they worked like a champ,

i have one in my trailer and i am taking it to the track and showing these dads what it is .( you should here some of these bikes at the track run ------they really need this bowel )

i am very happy with this product, it makes my life easier as a tuner !!!:thumbsup:

That is correct, the Power Bowl and pump chamber are designed to control the air that finds its way to critical areas, at the worst possible time.

Would it work with White Bros. carb mod kit,because we had to change the jetting with it?

Would it work with White Bros. carb mod kit,because we had to change the jetting with it?

all the 150's need this bowell , i really can not believe it works as well as it does .

this bowell works on any fcr series carb, big bikes alike :thumbsup:

Doesn't look like you can get one of these "bowls" here at the parts store.

Do I order direct from R&D?

Doesn't look like you can get one of these "bowls" here at the parts store.

Do I order direct from R&D?

You can click on my banner ad, it is at the top of the page sometimes.

You can order right from there.:thumbsup: